What does it mean to be a philanthropist in San Diego? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Often, we define philanthropy as giving:
- Your Time
- Your Talent
- Your Treasure
While their philanthropic resumes are inspiring and extensive, anyone can be a philanthropist.
In fact, starting your philanthropic journey might be easier than you realize.
List: 25 Ways to be a San Diego Philanthropist
Check out our list of 25 ways you can be a San Diego philanthropist below. Click on each link to learn more about how we can help you on your journey.
- Open a charitable giving fund
- Make an online donation
- Support system-involved youth programs
- Establish a legacy fund
- Create a scholarship fund
- Setup a family foundation
- Show your children how to give
- Support arts and culture
- Promote civic engagement and dialogue
- Develop an age friendly San Diego
- Preserve our environment
- Leverage impact investing strategies
- Strengthen your neighborhood
- Give directly to a San Diego nonprofit of your choice
- Combine forces with San Diegans to create lasting change
- Transform neglected spaces
- Protect, connect and access San Diego’s outdoors
- Build enduring assets for your nonprofit forever
- Nurture science and technology research
- Learn about social impact areas in our region
- Volunteer with local programs and projects
- Inspire your peers to give
- Refer clients and peers to The San Diego Foundation
- Attend a Center for Civic Engagement event
- Engage with us on Facebook and Twitter
Other Ways to be a Philanthropist
There are dozens more ways to be a San Diego philanthropist. We hope the list above has enlightened you about what philanthropic opportunities are available in our region.
Have more ideas to share with us? Share your philanthropic efforts in the comments below.