The San Diego Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most meaningful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the San Diego Foundation website and governs data collection and usage. By using the San Diego Foundation website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of Your Personal Information
The San Diego Foundation website collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by the San Diego Foundation. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by the San Diego Foundation for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the San Diego Foundation Web site.
The San Diego Foundation encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from the San Diego Foundation so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. The San Diego Foundation is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the San Diego Foundation and The San Diego Foundation family of websites.
Use of Your Personal Information
The San Diego Foundation collects and uses your personal information to operate the San Diego Foundation website and deliver the services you have requested. The San Diego Foundation also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from the San Diego Foundation and its affiliates. The San Diego Foundation may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The San Diego Foundation does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. The San Diego Foundation may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, the San Diego Foundation may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the San Diego Foundation, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The San Diego Foundation keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within the San Diego Foundation, in order to determine which of the San Diego Foundation’s services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the San Diego Foundation to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The San Diego Foundation website will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the San Diego Foundation or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the San Diego Foundation; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the San Diego Foundation, or the public.
Use of Web Tracking
The San Diego Foundation website uses tracking, including cookie, to help you personalize your online experience. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the San Diego Foundation services or websites you visit.
SDF Site Usage Information
Information (e.g., log files, cookies, Internet tags, web beacons, etc.) we collect from you through your use of the Site will be used to (a) monitor the operation, technical functions and quality of the Site, (b) compile general statistics regarding use of the Site, and (c) analyze demographic information about the Site’s users. We may also use such information for research or improvements of the Site and the services we offer you. This data is also used by SDF to deliver customized content and advertising to you when your use of the internet indicates that you are interested in a particular subject area.
Security of Your Personal Information
The San Diego Foundation secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Third Party Links
Changes to this Statement
The San Diego Foundation will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. The San Diego Foundation encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how the San Diego Foundation is protecting your information.
The San Diego Foundation welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that the San Diego Foundation has not adhered to this Statement, please contact The San Diego Foundation at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, birthdate or other identifying characteristic. We collect and store personal information that you share with us or that is available from public sources. Below are examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website, or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or email, with an inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and other contact information if you register for and/or attend an event.
- We may collect information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, by mailing in a check, or any other manner in which you might make a contribution.
- Information you provide on MyTSDF, SDF’s online grant administration portal.
- Information you give us on Fund Agreements or other forms
- Information about your charitable gifts and grant transactions with us (such as your fund balance, grant history, and parties to transactions).
- Responses to donor interest surveys
- Responses to donor demographic surveys
The above list provides a sample of ways personal information may be collected by the San Diego Foundation. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
SDF restricts access to personal information to those employees who need to know that personal information to provide our services to you.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
SDF respects and values the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our donors’ personal information.
- We will not trade, share or sell a donor’s personal information, collected on the website or through any business activities, with anyone else, except under the following circumstances. Donors can opt to be anonymous if they do not wish to have their information shared.
- Contact information for donors is shared with the fundholder for stewardship purposes.
- Information will be shared with governments, law enforcement or other legal entities as required by law.
- We will only share donor mailings on behalf of other organizations once the donor has given SDF specific permission to do so.
- Donors may opt in to share testimonials with SDF, which may be featured on SDF’s Blog, website, or other publications.
- Donor names may be featured in recognition lists with other donors at their associated giving level in SDF publications such as the website or annual report. Upon making a donation to SDF, the donor will be prompted to select their anonymity preference, thus determining their preference to be featured in such publications.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit card, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supplied to us, and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Security of Information
SDF is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and will take reasonable security precautions to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego Foundation
2508 Historic Decatur Rd., Ste. 200
San Diego, CA 92106
March 14, 2022