Tools to Inform and Guide
Often, the students for whom a scholarship would make the greatest impact are the least likely to know the resources available to them.
To help fill this need, we equip those with direct access to students with the tools to inform and guide.
Every year, the Common Scholarship Application attracts students from more than 150 high schools and colleges in San Diego County, largely due to the guidance of counselors, teachers, administrators and mentors like you.
Below you will find a step-by-step walkthrough for the application, tips for a strong application and links to other useful materials. Please spread the word to your college-bound students.
- MySDF Scholarship Applicant Guide: How to Register, Login, and Submit the Common Scholarship Application
- Community Scholarships Program Flyer (English and Spanish)
- Tips for a Strong Application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- December: Common Scholarship Application Opens
- February: Common Scholarship Application Closes
- March – April: San Diego Foundation staff qualifies applications
- April: Scholarship Application Evaluator training and assignments begin
- April – May: Application Evaluators read and score applications online
- June: All students are notified of awards