Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve the quality of life for all San Diegans.
Thank you for your interest in the work of The San Diego Foundation. To learn more about our work and inquire about joining our team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
At The San Diego Foundation, we value our diverse and experienced staff that are committed to our mission of improving the quality of life within all of San Diego’s communities. We strive to be an employer of choice, offering a competitive compensation package, and a professional and vibrant work environment for those who have a passion for our mission that is carried out every day by providing leadership for effective philanthropy and promoting community solutions.
Donor Services Team Administrator
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced administrator to provide administrative support for the members of the Development & Stewardship Team.
In this role you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Coordinate and provide support to stakeholders related to charitable giving, planned giving, and estate administration:
- Adhere to policies, procedures and workflow related to creating, maintaining, inputting, and changing fund agreements for all fund types.
- Will share initial contact for the Development & Stewardship Team, responding to phone and e-mail inquiries and/or forwarding to appropriate staff member.
- Maintain tracking system.
- Create and maintain electronic files.
- Update and maintain all mail codes in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, and Granted Edge.
- Research projects as assigned.
Support and maintain an accurate database:
- Maintain constituent contact information in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, and Granted Edge
- Participate as a departmental representative for Blackbaud Power User group.
- Provide support and expertise to establish and maintain standards of input.
- Stay adept and up to date with Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted GE, and the capabilities of each.
- Ensure departments are updating and maintaining relationships and/or constituent codes in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, and Granted Edge.
- Act as an internal resource for staff on pulling data.
- Ensure accuracy in the use of constituent codes, attributes, queries, and reports.
Other duties as assigned, but not limited to:
- Provide occasional front desk telephone and in-person reception backup.
- Support to other departments as needed.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of three years of administrative and/or customer service experience in a professional office environment; nonprofit experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and utilizing administrative organizational systems with attention to detail, timeliness and record keeping.
- Professional attitude and demeanor working with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and successfully prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Regularly takes the initiative to recognize problems, and clearly explain potential solutions.
- Highly dependable team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and expert proficiency with computer software applications: MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude and experience with database applications, data entry and report generation preferably with Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, and Granted Edge)
- Ability to be flexible and open to change with successful experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree helpful but not required.
The San Diego Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation. Please apply at email@example.com and place Donor Services Team Administrator in the subject line. Please attach your PDF resume and a cover letter.
Finance & Investment Analyst
We are seeking an experienced team member to join the Finance & Investment Department to provide analyst-level resources and to deliver professional, superior customer service to all internal and external constituents. The analyst will provide effective, efficient, and reliable assistance to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Controller.
Essential duties and principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Finance & Accounting 30% of time (under direction of Controller)
- Provide budgetary, organizational, and operational services to the F&A Department.
- Research, compile, and prepare financial and accounting data for internal detailed analyses including, but not limited to, industry comparisons, contributions, grants, fees, and focus areas as well as for board materials.
- Analyze monthly budget vs. actual reporting and forecast organizational future requirements.
- Develop reports, spreadsheets, tables, and grids to summarize and present dashboard information (KPI-key performance indicators).
- Provide earnings and fee projections as well as other requested analyses to Development & Stewardship as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and statistics necessary to benchmark F&A team goals.
- Coordinate submission of website updates for F&A sections of TSDF web pages for posting.
- Assist in preparing materials and presentations in preparation for staff meetings; Leadership Team meetings; and Board of Governors and Executive, Finance, and Audit Committee meetings.
- Provide back up and support to the Senior Accountant.
- Take lead on special projects, as assigned.
Investment 70% of time (under direction of CIO)
- Monitor each investment portfolio’s adherence to the Investment Policy Statement by conducting onsite meetings or conference calls.
- Conduct manager due diligence on prospective investment managers.
- Monitor the portfolio’s investment managers’ performance and positioning on a regular basis through meetings and conference calls.
- Take the lead on special investment-oriented assignments.
- Prepare materials and presentations in preparation for staff meetings; Executive Team meetings; and Investment Committee meetings.
- Lead investment rebalancing for all TSDF’s investment portfolios.
- Monitor the cash position(s) across all investment portfolios to ensure adequate investment funding (capital calls).
- Assist in annual audit process by providing support to CIO and Controller.
- Become the in-house expert in third party investment software.
- Manage Black Diamond performance reporting software, including the monthly reconciliation, and rebalancing process.
- Update manager account information and new account set-up.
- Manage the investment data administration process.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years professional business experience; candidates without previous investment experience will not be considered.
- Strong diplomatic and communication skills, with the ability to develop buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders; ability to develop effective working relationships with all colleagues, external constituencies, and decision makers.
- Work with and effectively manage information of a confidential nature requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and utilizing organizational systems with attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, and record keeping.
- Experience with developing and maintaining budgets.
- Experience with financial modeling & forecasting.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Teamwork, self-motivation, a proactive approach to work, flexibility, and exceptional interpersonal skills are essential.
- High initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to work independently and successfully organize, prioritize, and implement multiple projects, and meet deliverables and timelines.
- Regularly takes initiative to recognize and anticipate problems, and clearly communicate possible solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in process improvements.
- Computer skills: Expert proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and database entry and management as well as exporting and report generation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business administration, finance or accounting helpful.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Non-smoking, professional office environment
- Fast-paced work with multi-level distractions
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
The San Diego Foundation offers an excellent work environment, benefits package, and competitive compensation. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and place Finance & Investment Analyst in the Subject line. Please include your PDF resume and cover letter.