Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve the quality of life for all San Diegans.
Thank you for your interest in the work of The San Diego Foundation. To learn more about our work and inquire about joining our team, contact email@example.com.
Grants & Data Administration Specialist
At The San Diego Foundation, we value our diverse and experienced staff that are committed to our mission of improving the quality of life within all of San Diego’s communities. We strive to be an employer of choice, offering a competitive compensation package, and a professional and vibrant work environment for those who have a passion for our mission that is carried out every day by providing leadership for effective philanthropy and promoting community solutions.
We are seeking an experienced Specialist who will provide leadership in devising, executing and managing strategies to coordinate data technology processes, working with internal staff and external vendors to ensure effective and accurate data integrity, best practices, policies and procedures across the Blackbaud database suite (RE/FE/GE).
The Specialist will administer the tracking, payment and record keeping of outgoing grant distributions, incoming grant distribution recommendations and requests, review grant recommendations for compliance with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) due diligence and Council on Foundation (COF) standards and decline grant recommendations not in compliance. The Specialist will maintain current knowledge of best practices and due diligence and compliance issues per the IRS and COF related to donor-advised and other grantmaking.
This opportunity offers:
- An exciting career opportunity at a leading San Diego philanthropic institution
- An opportunity to work with a collaborative team
- A convenient Point Loma location, green-certified professional office building with free parking
- A competitive salary, a comprehensive and generous benefit package
Essential Duties and Principal Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administer donor-advised grants process and grant payment processing
- Receive grant recommendations, review grant purpose as stated in the grant agreement, and verify fund balance
- Review grant recommendations for compliance with IRS due diligence and COF standards and decline grant recommendations not in compliance
- Enter grant information and update constituent and vendor information, set up grant payment as appropriate
- Contact donor manager and/or fund advisor with any questions or follow up
- Set up and monitor all conditional and multi-payment grants to ensure all contingencies are met and payments are released as appropriate
- Prepare approval poll for review and approval; respond to questions
- Batch and prepare grant payments for accounts payable
- Maintain records of paper/electronic files for all grant recommendations, grant agreement letters and any supporting information
- Process semi-annual distributions of designated grants
- Create graphs/charts and detail related to grant distributions, as needed by staff and committees
- Research and present systems and tools that improve the grantmaking process, enhance customer service, and provide data for statistical reporting and outcome measurement of grants
- Lead and facilitate database Power User Group and sub-group meetings
- Serve as the organization’s key point of contact with database vendors for cleanup, upgrade, permissions and reporting as well as best practices, process and procedures documentation and training. As lead, will devise and disseminate activities to promote internal communications
- Dotted line supervision of Finance Administrator for grants administration duties
- Three years of experience in a professional office environment, to include customer service
- Experience working with foundations and/or nonprofit organizations with donor advised grant making, preferred
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of accounting principles to include debits and credits, journal entries, general ledger maintenance and account reconciliation, report generation and review
- Demonstrated track record in process and quality improvement
- Proven ability to appropriately and professionally represent TSDF with both internal and external customers; providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently and successfully organize and prioritize multiple projects, and meet deliverables and deadlines
- Demonstrated track record in developing and utilizing administrative organizational systems with attention to detail, timeliness and record keeping
- Initiative to recognize and anticipate problems, and provide potential solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Advanced experience and expert proficiency with computer software applications: MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel as well as database management, preferably with Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Grants Edge); web research
- Strong aptitude with relational database applications, data entry, query development and report generation; preferably with donor or client contact management applications
- Previous supervisory experience providing clarity on expectations and setting project goals is preferred
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or comparable experience preferred
- Non-smoking, professional office environment.
- Fast paced working with multi-level distractions
Ability to work extended hours as needed.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Indicate in the Subject Line: Grants & Data Administration Specialist
Please direct all inquiries to: email@example.com.