Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve the quality of life for all San Diegans.
Thank you for your interest in the work of The San Diego Foundation. To learn more about our work and inquire about joining our team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charitable Giving Administrator
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Department: Charitable Giving
Reports to: Planned Giving Director
Date: January 2017
Purpose of Position
The primary responsibilities of this position are the generation and process facilitation of all new fund agreements, support of the stewardship and development committee, and support to the members of the Charitable Giving Team to establish The San Diego Foundation as the primary resource for philanthropic information and charitable gift planning for prospective donors and professional advisors in the San Diego Region.
Essential duties and principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Principal Duties/Position Goals
- To coordinate and provide the daily administrative support for the CGT team and stakeholders related to the new fund process.
- Prepare new fund agreements, make and track revisions and route for internal approval.
- Enter all new funds in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted GE.
- Maintain tracking system for the opening of all new funds (including PIF and CGA), obtain signature from BOG Chair, mail counter‐signed fund agreements with welcome letter.
- Create and maintain new fund electronic files.
- Work with the Donor Relations Coordinator to ensure proper paperwork and documentation is filed and transfer new funds to the Donor Relations Department.
- Maintain all Fund Agreement templates.
- Prepare weekly Approval Poll of all new funds and distribute to Grants Administrator.
- Act as one of the initial contacts for the Charitable Giving Team, which includes but is not limited to, responding to phone inquiries received by the receptionist and emails as a result of website inquiries and/or forwarding to appropriate staff member.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Chief Giving Officer, Director of Charitable Giving, and the La Jolla Community Foundation (when related to charitable giving duties).
- Enter key constituent contact information in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted GE.
- Update mail codes in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted GE used by the Charitable Giving Team.
- Run research reports on current donors utilizing Wealth Engine.
- Support and maintain accurate database for the Charitable Giving Team.
- Serve as one of the CGT departmental representative for Blackbaud Power User group to address department needs, and to help develop and maintain CGT standards and protocols for all data in Blackbaud.
- Stay adept and up-to-date with Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted GE, and the capabilities of each.
- Maintain accurate professional advisor and prospective donor contact information in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted GE.
- Enter action notes for Chief Giving Officer and Directors of Charitable Giving.
- Support the Stewardship and Development Committee
- Coordinate logistics for committee, which includes, but is not limited to, preparing and mailing meeting notices, scheduling and ordering refreshments, preparing and distributing meeting packets and coordinating appropriate follow‐up after meetings.
- Run reports on fund information, grant making, prospect reports etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide occasional front desk telephone and in-person reception backup
- Support to other departments as needed
- Respond to all inquiries within one business day
- Uphold all operational standards
- Minimum of three years of administrative and/or customer service experience in a professional office environment; nonprofit experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated track record in developing and utilizing administrative organizational systems with attention to detail, timeliness and record keeping
- Professional attitude and demeanor to appropriately professionally represent the department and organization with both internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and successfully prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Regularly takes the initiative to recognize problems, and clearly explain potential solutions
- Highly dependable team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and strong proficiency with computer software applications: MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint amongst others
- Strong aptitude and experience with database applications, data entry and report generation preferably with Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Grants Edge)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology in process improvements
- Experience working with office equipment
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma required; associates or bachelor’s degree helpful but not required.
- Education and professional training beyond the high school level required
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Use of good judgment and own initiative
- Logical thought process
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Able to sit at a desk and view a computer screen for long periods of time
- Able to type on a computer keyboard
- Able to speak into and use a telephone for long periods of time
- Ability to bend and stoop
- Non-smoking, professional office environment
- Fast-paced working with multi-level distractions
Qualified applicants please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Salary requirements
- Cover letter & Resume
- Indicate in Subject line: Charitable Giving Administrator