Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve the quality of life for all San Diegans.
Thank you for your interest in the work of The San Diego Foundation. To learn more about our work and inquire about joining our team, contact email@example.com.
- San Diego Women’s Foundation, Program Specialist
- Technology Coordinator
- Director, Professional Advisor Relations
San Diego Women’s Foundation, Program Specialist
SDWF connects, educates, and inspires women to come together in collective philanthropy.
We are a membership organization with over 200 dynamic, highly engaged members and $4MM in grantmaking since 2000. Founded as a supporting organization of The San Diego Foundation, SDWF benefits greatly from a strong partnership with TSDF.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
SDWF is seeking a Programs Specialist with strong event coordination and organizational skills to oversee our major events and grants process and provide support and leadership to various committees.
In this role, you will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
- Work with Executive Director to develop annual events calendar
- Manage the coordination and execution of SDWF educational events and meetings, including scheduling, managing vendors, creating event pages, developing talking points and materials, and working with Member and Communications Specialist to develop event communications
- Oversee trainings and educational programming to help SDWF members become more effective philanthropists
- Oversee SDWF education series on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Assist Member and Communications Specialist with coordination of and provide day-of assistance for social events
Annual Grantmaking Process
- Work with SDWF committees to oversee research and selection of grant focus
- Work with SDWF committees to develop annual grant guidelines
- Manage grant application process on Smarter Select
- Oversee all stages of SDWF grant selection process, which includes the training and participation of 100+ SDWF member-reviewers each year
- Provide leadership and staff support to various SDWF committees including: Discovery, Inquiry and Guidelines (DIG), Programs and Grants Executive Committee
- Provide leadership and support to Fellows Committee, including overseeing the annual Fellows application, and overseeing Fellowship program
Other responsibilities as assigned to fulfill SDWF mission.
We are looking for an individual with a commitment to equity who is a passionate believer in the power of women working together for change, with the following qualifications:
- Organization: Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication; excellent writing and editing skills – design skills preferred
- Customer Service: People person with enthusiasm for providing the highest level of customer service to our members and Community Partners. Will include frequent face-to-face, phone and email communications
- Committee Leadership: Proven ability to support and lead committees and volunteers
- Event Coordination: Ability to plan and execute events, including logistics and day-of coordination
- Flexibility and Problem Solving: Open to change, highly adaptable as situations might require
- Authentic Commitment: Strong interest in working in the nonprofit field, commitment to equity and passion for SDWF’s mission
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a professional setting; nonprofit/foundation experience preferred
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and database management (preferably Raiser’s Edge); Experience with MailChimp, Eventbrite, Smarter Select and Zoom a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the initiative to recognize and anticipate problems, then solve them
- Experience managing committees and/or volunteers
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills to relate to a diverse membership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to professionally represent an organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated meeting and event planning experience, including logistics and day-of coordination
WHY WORK FOR US
- Work closely with smart, talented community-minded women to improve our community
- Ability to use your diverse skillset to directly benefit the work and impact of SDWF
- Flexibility and excitement of a small nonprofit, with the support, stability, and professionalism of large organization through our partnership with TSDF
- Generous benefits package, competitive compensation, and professional development opportunities
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to attend and transport materials to and from meetings within the San Diego region as needed
- Position is full-time; anticipated hiring range $50,000-55,000 DOE
Qualified applicants please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (max 1 page) and resume, saved in pdf format
- Indicate in Subject Line: Programs Specialist, San Diego Women’s Foundation
At The San Diego Foundation, we value our diverse and experienced staff that are committed to our mission of improving the quality of life within all of San Diego’s communities. We strive to be an employer of choice, offering a competitive compensation package, and a professional and vibrant work environment for those who have a passion for our mission that is carried out every day by providing leadership for effective philanthropy and promoting community solutions.
Purpose of Position
The Technology Coordinator is responsible for completing organizational and management tasks that support the technology department such as assisting with day to day desktop support, assisting end users with problems, communicating with technology vendors, coordinating billing, check requests and ordering supplies as well as data entry and project management.
- Completes organizational & management tasks that support the department
- Consults regularly with the Technology Manager and Analyst
- Orders Supplies
- Manages check requests and billing
- Schedules meetings
- Conducts department administrative duties
- Manages intra department requests
- Assists in staff onboarding and offboarding
- Provides Basic Tech Support to End Users
- Assists end-users with level one problem solving and troubleshooting. This may involve communicating with both local and remote users in person, on the phone or by email
- Assists with Day to Day desktop support
- Trains users on applications
- Day to Day Conference Room support
- Works on telecommunication systems
- Deploys technology
- Coordinates Projects
- Coordinates with technology, HR & Facilities vendors
- Conducts research and gathers information
- Assists in the evaluation of technology devices and services
- Builds internal and external relationships
- Assists with Data Administration, Entry & Cleanup
- Strong interest in understanding computer systems/software, and providing technical assistance for PCs, network servers and database concepts, administration, and development
- Advanced experience and expert proficiency with computer software applications: MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel as well as database management, preferably with Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Granted GE); web research
- Ability to work independently and successfully organize and prioritize multiple projects, and meet deliverables and deadlines
- Proven ability to represent TSDF appropriately and professionally with both internal and external customers, providing excellent customer service
- Knowledge of and skilled in the operation of office technology
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- College degree preferred
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan
- Must be personable, articulate, diplomatic, and able to work well with a broad range of individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be a great listener
- Knowledge and grasp of computers and technology
- Customer service-oriented
- Time & project management skills
- Problem solving ability
- Mechanical ability
Please apply at email@example.com and place Technology Coordinator in the subject line. Please attach your PDF resume and cover letter.
Director, Professional Advisor Relations
We are seeking a dynamic person to be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the financial and professional advisor community in order to build a pipeline of referrals for TSDF. Through donor advised funds (DAFs), planned giving, and other philanthropic vehicles our mission is to inspire enduring philanthropy and enable community solutions. The Director will report to and work in collaboration with the Vice President, Chief Development and Stewardship Officer.
Qualities & Attributes
- Proven track record in new business development resulting in significant client relationships and revenue.
- Experience building relationships with professional advisors.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships to grow TSDF’s professional advisor network.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral member of the Development & Stewardship team.
- Possess a positive attitude, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, ability to actively listen and engage in goal-oriented conversation.
- Thorough understanding of the San Diego professional advisor community.
Essential Duties and Principal Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Develop strategies to identify and cultivate relationships with professional advisors such as estate planning attorneys, wealth advisors, financial advisors, tax professionals, private fiduciaries and real estate professionals to facilitate their client’s charitable goals at TSDF.
- Cultivate relationships with professional advisors new to TSDF with a goal of establishing new funds with a focus on AMPlify (Asset Management Partnership), a customized investment strategy that enables wealth advisors and their clients to set up charitable accounts at The San Diego Foundation that are managed personally by a donor’s advisor.
- Participate in meetings with professional advisors, and attend conferences, events and networking organizations to increase the visibility of TSDF and our back office philanthropic services and solutions.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to build a synergistic and systemized approach to new business development; develop compelling professional advisor outreach and resource materials.
- Maintain up-to-date contact reports and outreach activity in TSDF’s Raiser’s Edge database to track professional advisor activity.
- Lead the planning of TSDF events to engage the professional advisor community and serve as TSDF’s representative at industry events and groups within the community.
- Meet or exceed referral resource development goals.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years business development experience with a legal or financial services firm.
- Knowledge of charitable giving vehicles.
- Superior and effective interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Commitment to providing first class customer service to TSDF advisors and donors.
- Ability to influence and get things done through others not reporting to you.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Certified Financial Planner or Chartered Financial Analyst credentials desirable.
- A broad network of professional advisor contacts in San Diego County is a plus.
The San Diego Foundation offers an excellent benefit package and competitive compensation.
If interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place Director, Professional Advisor Relations in the subject line.