Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve the quality of life for all San Diegans.
Thank you for your interest in the work of The San Diego Foundation. To learn more about our work and inquire about joining our team, contact email@example.com.
Stewardship Team Administrator
Since 1975, The San Diego Foundation (TSDF) has been helping passionate, charitably minded citizens find ways to create positive impacts in communities across the San Diego region. With more than $850 million in assets and management of more than 2,100 funds, we support our donors’ philanthropic goals. Today more than $1 billion in grants have been made to support nonprofit organizations that provide service and opportunity to people throughout our community. Join TSDF to assist us in growing a vibrant region!
Purpose of Position
TSDF is seeking a dynamic, experienced administrator to provide administrative support for the members of the Development & Stewardship Team and Regional Affiliate Team.
In this role you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Coordinate and provide support to stakeholders related to charitable giving, planned giving and estate administration:
- Adhere to policies, procedures and workflow related to creating, maintaining, inputting and changing fund agreements for all fund types.
- Will share initial contact for the Development & Stewardship Team, responding to phone and e-mail inquiries and/or forwarding to appropriate staff member.
- Maintain tracking system.
- Create and maintain electronic files.
- Update and maintain all mail codes in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted Edge.
- Research projects as assigned.
Support and maintain an accurate database:
- Maintain constituent contact information in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted Edge
- Participate as a departmental representative for Blackbaud Power User group.
- Provide support and expertise to establish and maintain standards of input.
- Stay adept and up-to-date with Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted GE, and the capabilities of each.
- Ensure departments are updating and maintaining relationships and/or constituent codes in Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted Edge.
- Act as an internal resource for staff on pulling data.
- Ensure accuracy in the use of constituent codes, attributes, queries, and reports.
Provide support for Regional Affiliate (RA) programs:
- Direct customer service by answering calls and responding to email inquiries.
- Coordinate and maintain effective administrative workflow processes.
- Prepare and process contribution requests.
- Prepare and provide timely and accurate reporting data to committees.
- Support planning and execution of membership building and retention strategies.
- Provide coordination between RA and Communications department.
- Implement communication strategies to include literature preparation and distribution, blogs, website updates and social media activities.
- Other duties as assigned, but not limited to:
- Provide occasional front desk telephone and in-person reception backup.
- Support to other departments as needed.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of three years of administrative and/or customer service experience in a professional office environment; nonprofit experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated track record in developing and utilizing administrative organizational systems with attention to detail, timeliness and record keeping.
- Professional attitude and demeanor working with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and successfully prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Regularly takes the initiative to recognize problems, and clearly explain potential solutions.
- Highly dependable team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge and expert proficiency with computer software applications: MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong aptitude and experience with database applications, data entry and report generation preferably with Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Granted Edge).
- Ability to be flexible and open to change with successful experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree helpful but not required.
The San Diego Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation.
Qualified applicants please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter and resume
- Indicate in Subject Line: Stewardship Team Administrator