Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve the quality of life for all San Diegans.
Current Job Opportunities
Digital Marketing Manager
At The San Diego Foundation (TSDF), we value our diverse and experienced staff that are committed to our mission of inspiring enduring philanthropy and enabling community solutions to improve quality of life in our region. We strive to be an employer of choice, offering a competitive compensation package, and a professional and vibrant work environment for those who have a passion for our mission.
We are seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) to provide overall support to TSDF and its affiliate organizations via digital technology (Web, Blog, Email, Mobile).
Purpose of Position
The individual will generate awareness and engagement, build trust and drive fund and partner development via digital channels such as Web, Blog, Email and Mobile. They will develop, execute, manage, and evaluate TSDF online marketing plans. The DMM works directly with the Communications team to provide digital marketing support to all departments and affiliate organizations.
Essential duties and principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Highly organized and have the ability to look at data to gain insights that can be turned into actionable projects and optimization plans
- Align with organizational goals and priorities, and develop strategic plans for digital marketing
- Oversee digital marketing and content strategy, including web development, SEO, email, blog, e-newsletters, video, display, Paid Search & PPC, mobile (including iOS and Android apps), etc.
- Develop and manage digital campaigns, from concept to launch to evaluation, working in collaboration with social media, public relations and other integrated marketing areas
- Manage and understand all aspects of a successful campaign, including email, social media, paid ads, landing pages, content creation, SEO, CRO, copywriting, etc.
- Understand and improve campaigns, pages and funnel assets through A/B testing
- Monitor and oversee staff and external adherence to TSDF communication standards
- Develop strong working relationships with other internal and external stakeholders
- Produce projects on message, on time/in real-time, and on budget
- Work with key partners to develop, maintain and grow our online communities
- Monitor emerging industry trends to stay up-to-date on evolving digital marketing opportunities to keep TSDF at the forefront of digital marketing
- Manages the Digital Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage TSDF website, including strategies for navigation, marketing funnel, lead generation, and donation and lead conversion
- Manage website hosting and DNS updates
- Generate online content with copy writing and visual asset development, including multi-media such as video content and other visual assets
- Manage the maintenance and/or redesign of website with responsive technology. Improve usability, design, SEO and content, as well as lead and donation conversions
- Strategize the use of marketing materials and content, including blogs, research studies, annual reports, investment reports, presentations and webinars
- Devise strategies to improve online traffic to TSDF website, including blog management, paid and organic campaigns, link building, referral sources and email strategies
- Develop and execute a blog content marketing strategy that includes internal content contributors every month across departments. Continually optimize the blog for user experience and newsletter subscriptions. Deliver customer-centric, rich digital brand experiences
- Manage MailChimp online database and email marketing strategy for TSDF
- Manage, update and export Blackbaud/Razor’s Edge (RE) constituents, queries and reports to develop targeted communication lists
- Develop and execute a plan to manage Chimpigration – the integration of RE and Mailchimp
- Use email marketing as a communication tool and driver of website traffic for business development goals.
- Develop email drip campaigns to meet business development goals
- Develop and distribute weekly evites and email marketing messages, and quarterly fund statements
- Develop and distribute monthly enewsletters
Analytics & Advertising
- Daily, weekly and monthly development, implementation, optimization and reporting of online marketing metrics and initiatives to build brand equity, create brand awareness and increase online engagement to drive web leads and online donations
- Oversee paid marketing campaigns on Google AdWords, digital banner placement and retargeting/remarketing and other channels
- Manage web analytics for TSDF website. Analyze campaign performance and ROI using tools like Google Analytics. Tie back analytics insights to real-time fixes and solutions for ongoing campaigns and initiatives
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience planning, executing, managing, optimizing and evaluating digital marketing strategies and campaigns
- Additionally, minimum 2 years leading strategy and developing content for digital media
- Demonstrated experience and success with managing online marketing campaigns using web, email, blog and mobile platforms
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing websites, mobile campaigns and paid ads
- Solid understanding of web analytics, digital content marketing strategies, SEO, SEM strategies, and ability to generate, analyze and interpret data
- Strong understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategy and best practices
- Ability to manage e-newsletter production and update website(s)
- Proficiency with front-end web development (HTML and CSS), WordPress, web hosting, Google Analytics, Adobe Photoshop, MailChimp, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management
- Familiarity with Basecamp (or another project management platform)
- Video post-production experience, preference with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Regularly takes initiative to recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges, and capitalize on and/or solve them
- Must possess outstanding verbal, interpersonal, strong business writing, grammar and vocabulary skills
- Strong copy-editing skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and successfully organize, multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Team-oriented approach with the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Respects the power of the brand and responsibility to nurture and protect it; gives brand integrity/management priority
- Nonprofit sector experience or strong interest in mission-based organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- Non-smoking, professional office environment/Remote Work
- Fast-paced working with multi-level distractions
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
The San Diego Foundation offers an excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. Please apply at email@example.com and please place Digital Marketing Manager in the subject line. Please attach your PDF resume and cover letter.