Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve the quality of life for all San Diegans.
Thank you for your interest in the work of The San Diego Foundation. To learn more about our work and inquire about joining our team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- San Diego Women’s Foundation Membership and Operations Coordinator
- Education Initiatives, Program Specialist
San Diego Women’s Foundation Membership and Operations Coordinator
SDWF educates and inspires women to engage in collective philanthropy. We are a membership organization with over 200 dynamic, highly engaged members and $3.5MM in grantmaking since 2000. Founded as a supporting organization of The San Diego Foundation, SDWF benefits greatly from a strong partnership with TSDF.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
SDWF is seeking a Membership and Operations Coordinator with strong organizational, administrative and customer service skills to oversee the administrative processes that allow us to grow in membership and fulfill our mission.
In this role, you will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
Membership Coordination and Administration
- Oversee logistics and communications for annual membership renewal process
- Coordinate high-touch processes for member recruitment, onboarding and retention
- Coordinate processes and communications to support member engagement in committees, grants process, etc.
- Partner with Executive Director and Manager in development and execution of membership building and retention strategies
- Provide the highest level of customer service to members and community
Database & Communications Management
- Maintain integrity of the membership database to ensure accurate and complete data of members (past and present) and prospective members
- Manage SDWF database and processes to maintain records, track gift and engagement history, generate reports and prepare mailings
- Oversee production of mailing lists and preparation of all gift acknowledgements letters
- Maintain and update mailing lists in Raiser’s Edge and MailChimp
- Maintain updated member directory and organizational calendar on SDWF website
- Work with senior staff to draft and send communications
Event and Meeting Support
- Provide support for SDWF meetings, including calendar support, providing reports, preparing materials, notetaking, day-of logistics and support, etc.
- Coordinate and manage logistics of large and small SDWF events, including registration, check-in, set-up and breakdown, etc.
Other administrative duties
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director, including managing calendar, scheduling meetings, preparing expense reports, etc.
- Coordinate administrative processes to ensure a successful grant selection process
- Manage calendar, scheduling and administrative needs for SDWF and its various committees and board
- Manage expense reports, check requests, etc.
Other responsibilities as assigned to fulfill SDWF mission.
We are looking for a passionate believer in the power of women working together for change, with the following qualifications:
- Organization: Must enjoy detail-oriented work; exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to set up processes, systems and workflow
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication; excellent writing and editing skills
- Customer Service: People person with enthusiasm for providing the highest level of customer service to our members and Community Partners. Will include frequent face-to-face, phone and email communications
- Flexibility and Problem Solving: Open to change, highly adaptable as situations might require
- Authentic Commitment: Strong interest in working in the nonprofit field and passion for SDWF’s mission
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a professional setting; nonprofit experience preferred
- Advanced experience and proficiency with computer software applications: MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel as well as database management experience preferably with Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Grants Edge)
- Proven track record in developing and using administrative systems
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the initiative to recognize and anticipate problems, then solve them
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills to relate to a diverse membership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Strong event coordination experience
WHY WORK FOR US
- Work closely with smart, talented community-minded women to improve our community
- Ability to use your diverse skillset to directly benefit the work and impact of SDWF
- Flexibility and excitement of a small nonprofit, with the support, stability and professionalism of large organization through our partnership with TSDF
- Generous benefits package, competitive compensation and professional development opportunities
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to attend and transport materials to and from meetings within the San Diego region as needed
Qualified applicants please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter and resume, saved in pdf format
- Indicate in Subject Line: Coordinator, San Diego Women’s Foundation
EDUCATION INITIATIVES, PROGRAM SPECIALIST
At The San Diego Foundation, we value a team composed of people committed to our mission of improving the quality of life within all of San Diego’s communities. We strive to be an employer of choice, offering a competitive compensation package, and a professional and vibrant work environment for those who have a passion for our work of providing leadership for effective philanthropy and promoting community solutions.
We are seeking a Program Specialist for our Education Initiatives team who will lead and support the essential programmatic and administrative activities of this new program priority for The San Diego Foundation. The Education Initiatives program area was in part borne out of our launch and pilot of the Community Scholars Initiative, a data-driven approach to scholarship philanthropy that pairs need-based scholarships with college readiness support to student groups facing the greatest barriers to persistence and college completion. In the near term, the Education Initiatives will define an exciting set of strategies to increase educational opportunity and equity informed and shaped by the evolving nature of work in the region.
Education Initiatives resides within the Community Impact department of The San Diego Foundation. This position reports to the Director, Education Initiatives and collaborates closely with all members of the Community Impact team.
Essential duties and principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and maintain systems and processes to support effective and successful communications with internal and external partners, grantmaking, grantwriting and reporting activities, research and content development
- Support and monitor the workplan for Community Scholars Initiative including managing the scholarship review and award process
- Conduct research and data analysis that informs strategy setting for fundraising, grantmaking and community leadership activities
- Lead the coordination of logistics related to convenings and stakeholder engagement, and support the development and presentation of related program data and messaging
- Support writing, reporting and content creation, including data visualization, that serves to communicate the community impact of the strategies and bolsters fundraising activities
- Support TSDF’s strategy setting with subject matter insight related to education
- Support donor stewardship through effective administration of strategic grantmaking programs, information sharing, and customer-oriented engagement opportunities
- Collaborate and contribute to a strong team culture across the Community Impact department and entire Foundation
- These efforts require strong written and verbal communication skills, project management experience, and administrative capabilities, including financial administration, proposal writing, timeline creation and management, database utilization, and progress reporting.
- Work/volunteer experience and or demonstrated commitment to the education field
- Five years of administrative and/or program support experience in a private or community foundation, educational setting or position in a corporate, government or nonprofit organization
- Experience in database management, research and data mining and analysis
- Demonstrated track record in developing and utilizing administrative organizational systems with attention to detail, timeliness, finances, and record keeping
- Ability to work independently and successfully organize and prioritize multiple projects, and meet deliverables and deadlines
- Knowledge of the range of regional/local education issues as they relate to learning and workforce in the San Diego region
- Demonstrated organization, time and project management skills. Ability to “right size” projects
- Knowledge of and interest in advancing the collective impact model of cross-sectoral collaboration
- Strong emotional intelligence with excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where adapting to change is necessary and the ability to multi-task successfully is critical
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with computer software applications: MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Google Docs; database/contact management software experience and data visualization software experience preferred
- Post-secondary education in related field
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time at meetings, desk, computer
- Able to sit at a desk and view a computer screen for up to two hours
- Able to speak into and use a telephone
- Non-smoking, professional office environment
- Fast-paced work with multi-level distractions
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
If interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and a cover letter (2-page maximum) clearly defining your response to the following two questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Describe your commitment and specific work or volunteer experience in the education field and share what you view as the top priorities for our local education system
- Describe your experience in data, databases, data development and analysis
Please indicate in the Subject Line: Education Initiative, Program Specialist
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted up to Monday, February 3rd.
Please direct all inquiries to: email@example.com