Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve the quality of life for all San Diegans.
Thank you for your interest in the work of The San Diego Foundation. To learn more about our work and inquire about joining our team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President, Impact and Partnerships
The San Diego Foundation is an agent for social change and a respected thought leader in the San Diego Region. The Vice President, Impact and Partnerships (VPIP) will bring together funding, internal talent, and external collaborators to achieve strategic impact. This position provides leadership for all of The Foundation’s Community Impact programs. Working closely with The Foundation’s Leadership Team, the VPIP will collaborate on strategies for well-researched priorities, legislative vigilance, effective fundraising, strategic communications and grantmaking in accordance with The Foundation’s strategic plan and donor’s priority areas.
Working at the frontier of philanthropy, the VPIP will help shape, test and validate new ideas in programming and philanthropy. Serving as a sounding board, thought partner and key advisor to the CEO, this position will also help identify opportunities for TSDF to serve specific, unmet needs in the community.
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO APPLY:
Liliane Lendvai, Director, Blair Search Partners
550 West B Street, Fourth Floor, San Diego, CA 92101
Regional Affiliates Membership Coordinator
At The San Diego Foundation, we value our diverse and experienced staff that are committed to our mission of improving the quality of life within all of San Diego’s communities. We strive to be an employer of choice, offering a competitive compensation package, and a professional and vibrant work environment for those who have a passion for our mission that is carried out every day by providing leadership for effective philanthropy and promoting community solutions.
The Regional Affiliates (RA) Membership Coordinator will support the RA Director and Manager in efforts to increase philanthropic membership growth and the affiliate grants process. The Coordinator will support efforts to increase community awareness and understanding of The San Diego Foundation and its mission. This position plays a vital role in supporting Regional Affiliates membership building throughout the San Diego region.
Essential Duties and Principal Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Membership Recruitment and Retention Support
- Partner with RA Director and RA Manager in strategic planning and execution of membership building and retention strategies
- Process membership applications, renewals, and resignations.
- Update and maintain complete and accurate membership records.
- Collect data, track membership statistics, and prepare reports.
- Compile membership recruitment research, and develop documents, spreadsheets, and presentation materials as required
- Create and send recruitment kits and welcome packets to new members
- Provide high level customer service to members and the community
- Maintain integrity of the membership database to ensure accurate and complete data of members (past and present) and prospective members.
- In coordination with the accounting department, track membership revenue.
- Manage and maintain administrative processes to ensure a smooth workflow
- Compose, prepare, edit and proof correspondence, to include reports, letters, invoices, memos, within specified deadlines.
- Prepare and process annual contribution requests. Process all affiliate checks, including membership, sponsorship, and/or general donations to RA funds.
- Assist RA team in fostering relationships with members, prospective members and past donors
- Coordinate specific annual affiliate membership renewals, to include preparing and distributing letters/packets
- Oversee production of mailing lists and preparation of all gift acknowledgements letters
- Manage donor database to include all data entry, imports/exports, tracking and cleanup
- Compilation, analysis, and report generation on membership composition and trends
- Support the RA team with donor cultivation plans with data entry and tracking of contacts
- In coordination with Communications, will timely produce high-quality fundraising materials for each affiliate
- Other responsibilities as assigned to increase philanthropic membership growth
- Coordinate submission of Grant Guideline information to Grants Manager
- Coordinate processes to ensure successful grant selection to include tallying surveys, ballots, grant proposals, and site visit evaluations
- Provide accurate analysis of evaluations
- Grant seekers Forum Support (as needed)
We are looking for:
- Three to five years professional office experience, preferably nonprofit or service industry
- Previous experience in membership, fundraising, or sales support database management, including familiarity with nonprofit fundraising and membership best practices, tools, and techniques
- Demonstrated experience working with high-level volunteers and nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated experience delivering superior customer service
- A high level of initiative and creativity
- Knowledge of philanthropic climate in San Diego is helpful
- Proven track record in developing and using administrative systems
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the initiative to recognize and anticipate problems, then solve them
- Superior interpersonal skills to relate to a diverse membership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience, and expert proficiency with computer software applications: MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel as well as database management experience preferably with Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, Grants Edge)
- Strong aptitude with relational database applications, data entry and report generation; preferably with donor or client contact management applications
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of donor and organization information
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Able to prioritize and be highly organized
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines and work with multiple competing priorities
- Attention to detail, timeliness and record keeping
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to change
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Non-smoking, professional office environment
- Fast-paced working with multi-level distractions
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to transport materials and attend meetings within the San Diego region as needed.
The San Diego Foundation offers an excellent benefit package and competitive compensation. Please apply at email@example.com and please place RA Membership Coordinator in the subject line. Please attach your resume and a cover letter.