Achieve your Higher Education Dreams
In just one application, our Common Scholarship Application provides students access to more than 100 scholarship opportunities with awards ranging from $1,000 to more than $5,000. Some scholarships can be renewed for multiple years to help offset the financial burden for a student’s entire undergraduate career.
In 2022, we awarded more than $3.5 million to over 900 students.
2023-2024 Common Scholarship Application Timeline
- Application available online: January 18, 2023
- Deadline to finish application: March 8, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. PST
- Applicants notified: By June 1, 2023
The Kyoto Prize Scholarship is open now until January 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. PST. If you would like to apply, please click here.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Scholarships are available for:
- Graduating high school seniors
- Current college students (undergraduate or graduate)
- Adult re-entry students
- Students with financial needs (includes middle-income families)
- Students attending four-year universities, community colleges or career/technical schools
Even if you’re not a straight-A, star athlete or student body president, we have scholarship opportunities if you have:
- Commitment to your education
- Potential for success in college
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Participation in community service, extracurricular activities and/or work experience
- Current residence in San Diego County (for at least one year)
- Need of help to pay for school (including middle-income families)
- A completed FAFSA or CA Dream Act and Student Aid Report (SAR). This is necessary for all applicants. Recommendation: Please start ASAP as this information is needed to fill out the application. The 2023-2024 academic year for FAFSA opened October 1.