Achieve your Higher Education Dreams
The 2022-2023 Common Scholarship Application is closed. Applicants will be notified of their scholarship status in June 2022.
In just one application, our Common Scholarship Application provides students access to more than 100 scholarship opportunities with awards ranging from $1,000 to more than $5,000. Some scholarships can be renewed for multiple years to help offset the financial burden for a student’s entire undergraduate career.
In 2021, we awarded $3.3 million to more than 1,000 local students.
The Common Scholarship Application period typically occurs between December and February with awards announced to students in June for the upcoming academic year.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Scholarships are available for:
- Graduating high school seniors
- Current college students (undergraduate or graduate)
- Adult re-entry students
- Students with financial needs (includes middle-income families)
- Students attending four-year universities, community colleges or career/technical schools
Even if you’re not a straight-A, star athlete or student body president, we have scholarship opportunities if you have:
- Commitment to your education
- Potential for success in college
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Participation in community service, extracurricular activities and/or work experience
- Current residence in San Diego County (for at least one year)
- Need of help to pay for school (including middle-income families)
- A completed FAFSA or CA Dream Act and Student Aid Report (SAR). This is necessary for all applicants. Recommendation: Please start ASAP as this information is needed to fill out the application.