What is the Custom Corporate Giving program?
Our Custom Corporate Giving program is designed to reflect your company’s values and provide a comprehensive suite of services, including charitable giving expertise, grantmaking guidance and administrative support, to simplify and enhance your corporate philanthropy.
Benefits of Corporate Philanthropy
There is a tremendous opportunity for San Diego companies to help our community through philanthropy. Custom Corporate Giving program benefits include:
- Cost-effective and efficient: No startup costs or additional legal, CPA or administrative costs.
- Employee empowerment: High employee engagement, employee retention and the ability to attract top talent.
- Access to experts: Rely on our Giving Team’s expertise for community knowledge and meeting urgent needs.
- Administrative support: Compliance with IRS requirements and fiduciary responsibility without required tax filings.
- Brand building: Enhance your public image, brand integrity, business development and government relations.
- Grantmaking services: Recommend a grant. We’ll handle the rest, reducing the burden for your Finance, Community Relations and HR teams.
- Anonymity: Opt for privacy and protection if you don’t want to be identified publicly.
- Protected funds: Budget for philanthropy held securely at a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
- Managed charitable assets: Sophisticated investment options and financial management to grow your charitable giving.
Corporate Giving Partners
Join a growing list of San Diego companies that
work with us to create Custom Corporate Giving programs.
Custom Corporate Giving Programs
Work with our expert advisors to build a Custom Corporate Giving program aligned with your mission and workforce, including programs for:
Employee match and volunteer programs that align with your mission and provide tax advantages.
Grant money to local nonprofit organizations that align with your brand and make the most impact in the San Diego region.
Engage your employees in a custom corporate scholarship opportunity for students who need support.
How to Get Started
Contribute a tax-deductible donation of cash, stock, or other assets to open your corporate-advised fund and receive one tax receipt.
Your charitable assets are invested to maximize your return and strengthen your grantmaking and social good power over time.
When your team is ready, recommend a grant through our donor portal to support your favorite community initiatives, nonprofit organizations or employee programs.
“San Diego Foundation has been instrumental in helping us identify our giving priorities. As a company that values giving back, we wanted to create a program that had measurable impact and reflected our values. The result was an impactful and mission-focused giving program.”
Chair, Community Involvement Committee
Custom Corporate Giving Guide
Our Custom Corporate Giving Guide will teach you the basics of building and sustaining a successful corporate giving program that unlocks benefits for your employees and your brand.
Corporate-Advised Fund Fees
Fees from corporate-advised funds at SDF fund our nonprofit operations and are re-invested into communities through grantmaking, programs, and initiatives that support urgent regional needs.
Connect with our Giving Team
Since 1975, San Diego Foundation has been a trusted advisor for corporate giving and a partner in philanthropy, enabling San Diego companies to outsource part or all of their back-office charitable giving needs.
Interested in learning how our Custom Corporate Giving solutions could benefit your business?
Contact Director of Development & Stewardship Cami Mattson at (619) 814-1385, email us or submit a Contact Form.