The San Diego Foundation Community Scholarship Program is the largest scholarship provider in San Diego County outside the university systems. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we present more than 800 scholarship awards to high school students, current college students, graduate students and adult re-entry students every year.
Since 1997, $30.4 million has been awarded to thousands of students who help fuel our San Diego economy.
2020-2021 Common Scholarship Application
We share some tips for getting started with The San Diego Foundation Common Scholarship Application.
Through the Common Scholarships Application, scholarships are currently available for graduating high school seniors, undergraduates, graduate, medical and professional school students and adult re-entry students who are attending:
- community colleges,
- four-year universities,
- career/technical schools,
- teaching credential programs, and
- graduate, medical or professional schools in the U.S.
Here are just a few examples of scholarships available at The San Diego Foundation:
- This scholarship recognizes the education and educators at Coronado High School where Cele taught and guest taught from 1961-2003, was director of the ROP from 1983-1993, and where Lew and Cele’s three sons attended, graduated, and where Doug (one of her sons) taught from 1987-1999. Coronado and Coronado schools have played an integral part in the lives of the Kipperman family.
- Requirement: Must be graduating seniors at Coronado High School
- For many years, Dr. Pendleton was the admired and respected superintendent for the San Diego Unified School District. When she retired in 1999, the Association of African-American Educators established a scholarship in her honor to promote and encourage students to pursue a career in the field of education
- Requirement: Must be African-American graduating high school seniors from San Diego Unified School District
- The Brutten Family established The San Pasqual Academy Scholarship in 2004 to provide financial assistance to students attending the San Pasqual Academy.
- Requirement: Must be graduating seniors at San Pasqual Academy
- The Lemon Grove Education Foundation established the Lemon Grove Scholarship to provide scholarships to residents within the boundaries of the Lemon Grove School District
- Requirement: Must be graduating high school seniors or adults (ages 18 or over) who reside in Lemon Grove
Applications will be accepted online until February 5 at 2 p.m. (PST).