June 9, 2022 – San Diego, CA – The Carlsbad Charitable Foundation (CCF), an affiliate of San Diego Foundation, held its Annual Grant Awards Celebration and awarded $90,755 to seven local nonprofits that provide opportunities to invest, celebrate and enhance the community of Carlsbad.
“The COVID-19 health and economic crisis has impacted communities across the globe, including Carlsbad. Our community must unite and remain strong as we embark on a long road of recovery together,” said Justin Peek, board chair of the Carlsbad Charitable Foundation. “Our goal with this grant funding is to invest in projects that will improve and preserve the quality of life for those who live, work and play in Carlsbad for generations to come.”
Since 2008, CCF has granted more than $1.2 million to over 50 programs helping grow a more vibrant community so that families today, as well as the next generation of Carlsbad residents, have a place they are proud to call home.
Through its annual grantmaking, CCF has addressed a wide range of community issues including health and human services; youth development and education; access to the outdoors; arts and culture, and more.
List of 2022-2023 Grantees:
- $29,070 to the Assistance League for its program to address the needs of elementary school children, K-5, who are in need of school clothing.
- $16,180 to Equation Collaborative +BOX for its Local Greens Pilot which will provide fresh locally grown produce to food-insecure students and their families on a weekly basis.
- $10,000 to Showers of Blessings to expand the capacity of its health services and provide for other needs of Carlsbad’s homeless community.
- $10,000 to Coastal Roots Farm to provide Carlsbad students with customized on-site and virtual Environmental STEM & Nutrition Education Programs.
- $13,000 to the Community Resource Center for its CRC Food & Nutrition Center to provide healthy food and access to other CRC supportive social services to 220 low-income Carlsbad residents.
- $7,500 to Mama’s Kitchen for its home-delivered meal service to improve the health and well-being of Carlsbad individuals and families who are vulnerable to malnutrition due to critical illness.
- $5,000 to Boys & Girls Club of Carlsbad for its Village Clubhouse – Farmer’s Market Project, a hands-on approach to improving the long-term diet and knowledge of agriculture for low-income children in Carlsbad.
About the Carlsbad Community Foundation & the Regional Affiliate Program
The Regional Affiliate program, including the Carlsbad Community Foundation, was established by San Diego Foundation to create a regional network of affiliate foundations by leveraging local leadership, building endowments, increasing impactful philanthropy, and promoting civic engagement. Affiliates reside in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, La Jolla, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, and 4S Ranch-Del Sur. The Regional Affiliate program has exceeded 1,000 members, established endowments of more than $5 million overall, and granted more than $6 million in total to nonprofit organizations throughout the region.
About San Diego Foundation
San Diego Foundation inspires enduring philanthropy and enables community solutions to improve the quality of life in our region. Our strategic priorities include advancing racial and social justice, fostering equity of opportunity, building resilient communities, and delivering world-class philanthropy to realize our vision of just, equitable and resilient communities. For more than 46 years, The Foundation and its donors have granted more than $1.3 billion to support nonprofit organizations strengthening our community. Learn more at SDFoundation.org.