The San Diego Foundation improves the quality of life in all of our communities by providing leadership for effective philanthropy that builds enduring assets and by promoting community solutions through research, convenings and actions that advance the common good.
As a community foundation, we value:
- Stewardship – We hold The San Diego Foundation in the public trust, maintaining the highest standards of integrity in donor relations, community service, institutional governance, and fiscal management.
- Community – We value The Foundation’s unique capacity to provide an inclusive forum for civic engagement that promotes responsible and impactful philanthropy and collective community action informed by shared values and diverse beliefs.
- Collaboration – We partner with volunteers, community leaders, and civic and nonprofit organizations to provide high-impact programs, services and knowledge that benefit the broadest possible constituency.
- Inclusion & Equity – We respect and value the contributions and experiences of all members of our community in the work that we do.
- Service – We engage in action that promotes the common good. We commit ourselves to fully embrace that calling for as long as the need exists.
- Legacy – We honor the contributions of those who have worked tirelessly in the past to ensure the well-being of the San Diego region, and pledge to support those who will carry on that legacy.