The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
Childcare Provider Grant Program
- To support San Diego County childcare providers offering essential services to local families during the COVID-19 pandemic, the County of San Diego, The San Diego Foundation, YMCA of San Diego County and Child Development Associates have launched the $25 million San Diego County Childcare Provider Grant Program. Applications open August 24 and the deadline to submit will be September 4.
Upcoming Events & Development Opportunities
- The City of San Diego Nonprofit Academy is holding a free webinar on September 10 to help nonprofits build resilience and sustainability.
- The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy is accepting applications for its 2020 Fundraising Academy, a fundraising certificate program accredited by CFRE International. The program integrates successful business practices and relationship-driven strategies gives emerging fundraisers the tools they need to make an immediate impact in the field.
- Candid has posted a free online webinar that offers ideas and creative strategies for nonprofits looking for new ways to make connections and raise funds during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Nonprofit Institute and Fieldstone Leadership Network San Diego have joined together to create the Nonprofit Resource Exchange San Diego, a place where nonprofit leaders can collaborate, ask questions and share resources to better serve the community.
COVID-19 Response Funding & Resources
- The San Diego County COVID-19 Small Business & Nonprofit Loan Program (SBNLP) is currently reviewing its first batch of applications. Nonprofits are encouraged to explore SBNLP criteria and submit an application. After the current batch of applications are reviewed, the next set of applications will be considered.
- The City of Escondido has partnered with the San Diego North Economic Development Council to administer the Small Business Grant Program to support Escondido small businesses with up to $15,000 in support. Deadline: August 29, 2020
- The San Diego Board of Supervisors approved a Small Business Stimulus Program for businesses and nonprofit organizations impacted by the pandemic. Organizations in District 3 and District 4 have until October 16 to apply.
- GENYOUth is providing grants for schools to supply much-needed resources for meal distribution and delivery. Deadline: Rolling
Other Funding Opportunities
- The National Defense Education Program is asking for requests for information from organizations focused on general STEM education, outreach and workforce; biotechnology education and workforce development; and enhanced Civics education. Deadline: August 28, 2020
- The Cigna Foundation is accepting applications for the Healthier Kids For Our Future grant program. Funding is available for programs addressing food insecurity, hunger or nutrition education programs, and mental health programs with a focus on loneliness, anxiety, depression and suicide prevention. Deadline: September 30, 2020
- The Rosenberg Foundation is accepting applications for grants in four priority areas: Leading Edge Fund, Justice and Public Safety, Immigrant Rights and Immigrant Workers’ Rights and Civil Rights and Civic Participation. Deadline: Rolling
- The California Wellness Foundation is accepting letters of interest for the various programs, including Health Care, Healthy and Safe Neighborhoods, Education and Employment and Health Policy and Strengthening the Sector. Deadline: Rolling
- The Brittingham Family Foundation is providing grants to nonprofits that support education, arts, social services, youth, health, and the environment. Deadline: Rolling
- American Humane is providing financial assistance to help offset the costs of rescuing animals who are homeless or the victims of human cruelty. Deadline: Rolling
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Job Openings at The San Diego Foundation
- Please check the careers page at https://www.sdfoundation.org/about-us/careers/