For Immediate Release
April 27, 2021 – San Diego, CA – The Carlsbad Charitable Foundation (CCF), an affiliate of The San Diego Foundation, awarded $116,396 to six nonprofit programs that are supporting many aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic for Carlsbad residents, such as food security, homelessness, education and childcare.
“The Carlsbad community has a long road to recovery from the effects of the ongoing pandemic, and we’re proud to assist in the recovery efforts through these grants,” shared CCF Board Chair Justin Peek. “Especially now, it is important that we come together to bring back the vibrant community we all know and love.”
These nonprofit organizations’ core mission is to serve the Carlsbad community that has been severely impacted as a result of COVID-19.
Since 2008, CCF has granted more than $1.1 million to over 40 programs helping grow a more vibrant community so that families today, as well as the next generation of Carlsbad residents, have a place they are proud to call home.
Through its annual grantmaking, CCF has addressed a wide range of community issues including health and human services; youth development and education; access to the outdoors; arts and culture, and more.
List of 2021-2022 Grantees:
- $30,000 to the Boys & Girls Club of Carlsbad for its summer and after-school programming, with a $5,000 contribution from CCF member John Sanders
- $20,00 to Grocery Gifts to provide fresh locally grown produce and dairy products to Carlsbad Unified School District (CUSD) families on a weekly basis
- $15,000 to the Women’s Resource Center for its Emergency Services COVID Relief program to mitigate the struggle our Carlsbad community members are experiencing due to food and financial insecurity as well as increased levels of assault and violence
- $28,024 to Interfaith Community Services for the Coronavirus Response Project: Serving Homeless and Low-Income Carlsbad Community Members to provide wraparound services to low-income and homeless residents impacted by the pandemic
- $18,372 to the Carlsbad Educational Foundation for its Kids Care Summer Adventure – Childcare & Combating COVID Learning Loss program that provides affordable childcare for Carlsbad working families
- $10,000 to the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce for its Restaurant Recovery Program – Gift Carlsbad — to provide economic stimulus to restaurants that have impacted by the pandemic
About the Carlsbad Charitable Foundation & the Regional Affiliate Program
The Regional Affiliate program, including the Carlsbad Charitable Foundation, was established by The San Diego Foundation to create a regional network of affiliate foundations by leveraging local leadership, building endowments, increasing impactful philanthropy, and promoting civic engagement. Affiliates reside in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, La Jolla, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, and 4S Ranch-Del Sur. The Regional Affiliate program has exceeded 1,000 members, established endowments of more than $5 million overall, and granted more than $6 million in total to nonprofit organizations throughout the region.
About The San Diego Foundation
The San Diego Foundation inspires enduring philanthropy and enables community solutions to improve quality of life in our region. For more than 45 years, The Foundation and our donors have granted more than $1.3 billion to support nonprofit organizations and strengthen our San Diego community. Learn more at SDFoundation.org and consider a donation to the San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund, helping nonprofits and San Diegans affected by the coronavirus pandemic. The Foundation also provides helpful COVID-19 resources to support nonprofit organizations through this public health and economic crisis.
Theresa Nakata, The San Diego Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org