Interested in a hands-on opportunity to read, evaluate and make scholarship decisions for our local San Diego county students? Then you may be a great fit as a scholarship application evaluator with The San Diego Foundation Community Scholarship Program!
With nearly 140 scholarship funds, 3,000 applicants and more than 900 recipients annually, we rely on our evaluators to make informed and thoughtful award decisions. We are inspired by the commitment our evaluators have made to students and are excited to work together to award a record amount of scholarships each year.
Scholarship Application Volunteer Evaluator Time Commitment
The scholarship selection process runs from January to mid-May, during which time evaluators review and score applications online and attend in-person interviews with applicants.
Scoring applications will take an average of 1-2 hours per pool. Each pool has an average range of 10 – 20 applications, though some may be larger or smaller. Evaluators may sign up to score as many pools as their schedule permits. Evaluators will also be required to attend in-person discussions and student interviews.
Application & Evaluation Process and Timeline
- December 2, 2020: Common Scholarship Application Opens
- January 2021: Scholarship Application Evaluator training and assignments begin
- February 3, 2021 @ 2:00pm: Common Scholarship Application Closes
- February 2021: Foundation staff qualifies applications
- March – April 2021: Application Evaluators read and score applications online
- April – May 2021: Application Evaluators attend and review in-person meetings and interviews
- June 2021: All students are notified of awards
- 2020 Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy Agreement
- Community Scholarships Program Flyer (English and Spanish)
Interested in joining our Scholarship Selection Committee? Please contact Jessica Jasso at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 814-1315.