(Above, left to right) RCF member Charles LeMenager and board members John Degenfelder and Neil Ray Krenzel speak to a grantee.
Happy New Year Ramona Community Foundation (RCF) Members! We look forward to an exciting year ahead.
In 2015, RCF awarded $41,473 to 10 nonprofit organizations that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant and healthy community. In just four years, RCF has granted more than $126,000 to nonprofits working to make Ramona a better place to work, live and play.
The grants were formally awarded at the RCF 4th Annual Grant Celebration on Thursday, October 1 at Salerno Winery. Programs funded included:
- Stepping Stones to Stem Success with the Boys and Girls Clubs Ramona Branch ($5,000);
- Screen Your Teen with Eric Paredes Save a Life Foundation ($3,500);
- Partner Mobile Pantry with Feeding America San Diego ($4,773);
- Offsite and Onsite Sessions with Hearts & Hooves ($1,000);
- Ramona Sobering Center with In His Steps Christian Recovery Homes ($7,000);
- Low Water Use Drippage System at Ramona Community Garden ($1,700);
- Reducing Senior Food Insecurities with the Ramona Senior Center ($5,000);
- Main Hall Project with the Ramona Town Hall ($7,000);
- Crisis Invention with Trauma Intervention Programs ($4,000);
- Write Out Loud ($2,500)
During our Annual Holiday Party at San Vicente Resort, a group of energetic students from the Boys and Girls Club showed off the results of an RCF grant to support a STEM learning and robotics program.
2016 Grants Process
We will also be having a member social this spring. At our last social, members met at Turtle Rock Ridge Winery for a fun evening with a presentation by former grantee from Write Out Loud, Walter Ritter.
We look forward to seeing you at our next social. More information coming soon!
With such an important year ahead, now is the time to help your friends and neighbors learn more about the fantastic work being done by RCF members.
Contact Trudy Armstrong at Trudy@sdfoundation.org for assistance in helping your friends join.