The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund
Given the critical role education plays in our recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, the wellbeing of our young people and the prosperity of our region, The San Diego Foundation is focusing future investments from the COVID-19 Community Response Fund on education-related impacts and community response efforts that:
- Prioritize children and youth most adversely impacted by learning loss and the digital divide
- Ensure families, homes, schools, and communities are able to support successful starts and transitions in educational pathways
- Activate creative collaboration and our region’s environmental assets as sources and spaces of learning and social and emotional wellbeing for students
Events, Development Opportunities, Resources
- San Diego Workforce Partnership is hosting an event on October 14 with San Diego leaders to discuss opportunities to implement equitable and inclusive practices that allow organizations to unleash the power of a diverse workforce.
- Fieldstone Leadership Network San Diego, RISE San Diego and The Nonprofit Institute at the University of San Diego have joined together to create FORTIFY: The Racial Equity Series. The series aims to provide nonprofit leaders with a foundational understanding, tools and resources necessary to lead in the areas of race relations and equity. The last event in the six-part series, Living Into Racial Equity: Intention and Action, is on October 20, 2020.
- The annual Cause Conference is going virtual this year on November 13. Register to have access interactive activities, applied curriculum and relationship development opportunities.
- National Philanthropy Day will air Saturday, November 14 at 8:00 p.m. on The CW San Diego. The event will be an opportunity to celebrate the impact and contributions of San Diego’s donors and nonprofits.
- The Nonprofit Resource Exchange San Diego is a place for nonprofit organizations to ask for what they need and to offer what they have to other nonprofit organizations as we navigate through COVID-19.
Funding Opportunities at the Foundation
Chula Vista Charitable Foundation is accepting applications from nonprofit organizations that specifically support COVID-19 recovery and relief efforts. Please review the grant guidelines for eligibility and requirements. Deadline: November 2, 2020
Other Funding Opportunities
- Alliance Healthcare Foundation is accepting applications for programs that address social and health inequities further exposed by COVID19. Deadline: October 26, 2020
- The GRAMMY Museum is accepting proposals for projects that advance the archiving and preservation of the music and recorded sound heritage of North America, and research projects related to the impact of music on the human condition. Deadline: November 1, 2020
- California Documentary Project Research and Development grants are available for documentary storytellers that showcase California and its cultures, peoples, and histories, and that together help us better understand who we are and where we live. Deadline: November 2, 2020
- The Nordson Corporation Foundation is accepting proposals from organizations that directly or indirectly seek to maximize success for individuals before, during and beyond the traditional classroom years. Deadline: November 15, 2020
- Project 10 Million is partnering with school districts across the country to bridge the digital divide by offering free wireless hotspots, free high-speed data, and access to at-cost laptops and tablets. Deadline: Rolling
- American Humane’s Second Chance grant offers financial assistance to help offset the costs of rescuing animals who are homeless or the victims of human cruelty. Their grant aims to advance and facilitate the lifesaving efforts that give animals a second chance at life when they have nowhere else to turn. Deadline: Rolling
- The Cigna Foundation is accepting proposals for their Community Health Navigation grant which addresses projects and programs aimed at connecting individuals and better health through the efforts of trusted neighbors and organizations. Deadline: Rolling
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Job Openings at The San Diego Foundation
- Please check the careers page at https://www.sdfoundation.org/about-us/careers/