The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- As part of the San Diego Accelerator & Impact Lab (SAIL), Mission Edge will be hosting the final pitch night on Tuesday, October 24. The event is free and open to the public, and will feature presentations for each nonprofit participant where they will share their innovative ideas with local leaders and community members. SAIL is a program of Mission Edge, in collaboration with Impact Without Borders, and sponsored by the San Diego Foundation, Union Bank, Cox and Qualcomm. Learn More>
- San Diego Grantmakers will host a Food Funders Meeting on October 26 to address hunger and other food system challenges. Learn More>
- Grant Writing USA is hosting a two-day Grant Writing Workshop in partnership with City of San Diego Corporate Partnerships & Development on November 28-29, 2017. Learn More>
Opportunities at The Foundation
- The San Diego Foundation is accepting applications for its Creative Catalyst 2018-2019 grant cycle. The program provides opportunities for local professional artists to create work that advances their careers, increase civic engagement and enrich the public’s quality of life. For more information about the Creative Catalyst program, click here. Deadline December 11
- Do you have a passion for improving San Diego’s environment? The two-year Environment & Thomas Murphy Fellowship may be your chance to dig into important environmental issues for our region, and help The San Diego Foundation effectively partner with nonprofits, governments, businesses and donors working to address critical environmental needs across the region. Learn More >
Other Funding Opportunities
- Alliance Healthcare Foundation is accepting applications for its Mission Support Grants. The grants aim to catalyze sustainable change in San Diego and Imperial Counties by funding organizations that advance health and wellness for those in need. Awards range from $25,000 to $100,000. Deadline November 3
- People with Disabilities Foundation is accepting applications for programs, projects and general operating expenses up to $12,500 related to advocacy, education, vocational or other areas of interest for the disabled population. Deadline November 6
- American Walks is offering microgrants of $1,500 for projects that increase the amount of walking and the benefits of walkability, grow the walking movement through engagement, and help advance a culture of inclusive health. Deadline November 10
- SANDAG has announced that $2 million will be awarded to land management projects focusing on two categories – threat reduction stewardship and species and habitat recovery. A pre-proposal workshop will be held on November 8. Deadline January 12
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Know of other upcoming events or grant opportunities? Share them with San Diego’s nonprofit community in the comments below!