The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region.
To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities, and resources with your organization.
Resources for GivingTuesday
- Each year, nonprofits, small businesses, corporations, schools and faith-based organizations all over the world celebrate this global day of giving. Download a guide for GivingTuesday along with numerous other free resources here. You can also learn about different funding models and nonprofit funding sources here.
Other Nonprofit Resources
- Candid has a series of free and low-cost webinars and podcasts to help you access the training you need to enhance your nonprofit fundraising, marketing and other tools.
- The Nonprofit Institute released the 2020 State of Nonprofit and Philanthropy report. The State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Report provides the latest findings on San Diego’s nonprofit sector, as well as key trends and perspectives from leaders in nonprofits and philanthropy.
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
- Claim your free nonprofit profile and begin sharing your story on Guidestar. The San Diego Foundation along with numerous other funders utilize Guidestar as a resource to learn more about nonprofits.
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The Oceanside Charitable Foundation invites nonprofits to submit project proposals specifically for innovative projects that support and promote diversity and inclusion. Deadline: December 2
- The Carlsbad Charitable Foundation invites nonprofits to submit project proposals specifically for programs that support COVID-19 recovery and relief efforts. Deadline: December 7
- The San Diego Foundation and The WD-40 Memory Making Fund is accepting proposals for the Advancing Health and Equity Grant. Deadline: December 9
- The 4SRanch~Del Sur Community Foundation invites nonprofits to submit project proposals specifically for programs that support community COVID-19 recovery efforts. Deadline: December 21
- The Escondido Community Foundation invites nonprofits to submit proposals specifically for programs that improve the social and emotional well-being in the community. Deadline: January 25
Other Funding Opportunities
- The ALDI Foundation is accepting applications from nonprofits that make a positive impact on kids health and wellness. This may include funding and/or ALDI gift cards to nonprofits, K-12 schools, fire, police, and local churches. Deadline: December 15
- Public Welfare Foundation is accepting Letters of Inquiry from nonprofits that honor the Foundation’s core values of racial equity, economic well-being, and fundamental fairness for all. Deadline: Rolling
- The Hearst Foundations is accepting grant submissions for a variety of focus areas, including education, health, culture and social service. Deadline: Rolling
- The Harry Chapin Foundation is accepting applications to support organizations that have demonstrated their ability to dramatically improve the lives and livelihood of people by helping them to become self-sufficient. The Foundation mostly focuses giving grants to grassroots organizations with an annual budget cap of $500,000 or less. Deadline: Rolling
- The Amgen Foundation is accepting Letters of Inquiry from nonprofit programs that have a focus on science education. Deadline: Rolling
Job Openings at The San Diego Foundation
- Please check the careers page at: https://www.sdfoundation.org/about-us/careers/