The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Registration for the 13th Annual USD Nonprofit Governance Symposium is now open. The Symposium will take place January 12-14, 2017. Learn more >
- National University’s Sanford Institute of Philanthropy is now enrolling for its Fundraising Academy Certificate Program. Learn more >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The San Diego Foundation Age Friendly Communities Program is inviting proposals from nonprofit organizations working in San Diego County to improve quality of life for older adults in all our communities with collaborative partners. Grants will be in the range of $50,000 and $75,000 annually with a possible second year renewal. December 19 Deadline
- The 4SRanch~Del Sur Community Foundation is accepting applicationsfor projects between $1,500 and $10,000 that enrich the 4SRanch and Del Sur youth communities. December 19 Deadline
- The Carlsbad Charitable Foundation invites proposals in the range of $15,000 to $60,000 that support programs that address drug and alcohol addiction. January 9 Deadline
- The Chula Vista Charitable Foundation is accepting proposalsfor projects that support the physical and/or mental well-being and educational development of children and youth within Chula Vista. Approximately $50,000 in funding available. December 19 Deadline
- The Oceanside Charitable Foundation invites proposals in the range of $5,000 to $25,000 for programs that served “youth at risk” in the Oceanside community. January 9 Deadline
[Tweet “#SanDiego #Nonprofit Update November 2016: Events and Funding Opportunities”]
Other Funding Opportunities
- The Getty Foundation is inviting Letters of Intent for projects designed to support the conservation of modern architecture. December 1 Deadline
- The Finish Line Youth Foundation will provide grants of up to $5,000 that will be awarded to nonprofit organizations for community-based athletic programs and camps that teach active lifestyle and team-building skills. December 31 Deadline
- Captain Planet Foundation is offering grants up to $2,500 for hands-on environmental education activities for youth. January 31 Deadline
- Paralyzed Veterans of America Education Foundation invites proposals up to $50,000 for innovative educational projects. February 1 Deadline
- The San Diego Unified Port District is requesting proposals for education programs that promote environmental stewardship, pollution prevention and forward-thinking sustainability goals benefiting the San Diego Bay and its diverse resources. February 9 Deadline
- Aiden’s Red Envelop Foundation seeks to help this special needs community by awarding grants of up to $5,000 to families of children with disabilities in Southern California. Rolling Deadline
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Do you know of other upcoming local events or funding opportunities for San Diego’s nonprofit community? Share them in the comments below!