The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Join Nonprofit Management Solutions on November 16, 2017 where Steven Ballach of BottomLine Marketing will discuss Setting up a Game Plan for Reaching Current & Prospective Donors. Learn More >
- Grant Writing USA is hosting a two-day Grant Writing Workshop in partnership with City of San Diego Corporate Partnerships & Development on November 28-29, 2017. Learn More >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The San Diego Foundation is accepting applications for its Creative Catalyst 2018-2019 grant cycle. The program provides opportunities for local professional artists to create work that advance their careers, increase civic engagement and enrich the public’s quality of life. For more information about the Creative Catalyst program, click here. Deadline December 11
- The Oceanside Charitable Foundation is accepting applications for 10th grant cycle, which will focus on programs that promote civic engagement and tolerance in the community. Deadline December 21
- The 4SRanch~Del Sur Community Foundation is accepting applications for its 11th grant cycle, which will focus on programs that address the health and/or well-being of individuals, families and neighborhoods in the 4SRanch and Del Sur communities. Deadline January 8
- The Carlsbad Charitable Foundation (CCF) is accepting applications for its 11th grant cycle, which will focus on programs that address the cycle of poverty and homelessness and projects that educate our community on these issues. Deadline January 8
- CCF is also hosting a Grantseekers Forum on November 16 at 11:30am at the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce to discuss the 2018 grant cycle. If you would like to attend, please RSVP to Estela Mitrani at email@example.com by November 14.
- Do you have a passion for improving San Diego’s environment? The two-year Environment & Thomas Murphy Fellowship may be your chance to dig into important environmental issues for our region, and help The San Diego Foundation effectively partner with nonprofits, governments, businesses and donors working to address critical environmental needs across the region. Applicants are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates should apply soon. Learn More >
Other Funding Opportunities
- American Academy of Dermatology is accepting applications for shade structures. Grants of up to $8,000 will be awarded to public schools and nonprofit organizations for the installation of permanent shade structures in outdoor locations not protected from the sun (e.g., playgrounds, pools, or recreation spaces). Deadline November 17
- The City of San Diego is requesting qualifications for arts and culture. In 2016, the Commission for Arts and Culture provided over $12 million in support of creative activities in San Diego. These funds are awarded through two application processes: Organizational Support Program (OSP) and Creative Communities San Diego Program (CCSD). Deadline November 19
- Temper of the Times Foundation invites applications for environmental issues. Grants of up to $5,000 – $15,000 will be awarded to nonprofit organizations to underwrite the costs of advertising designed to promote the conservation and restoration of native wildlife, plants, and ecosystems in the United States. Deadline December 15
- The NTC Foundation is requesting proposals for art initiatives. Installations at the Stations is an ongoing program which seeks to artistically transform the former Naval Training Center site at ARTS District Liberty Station. Proposals are contracted with $3,500 – $12,000 awards, and a goal of up to five projects selected per year, starting in early 2018. Deadline December 15
- SANDAG is accepting applications for land management. SANDAG approved the call for projects for the ninth cycle of the land management grant program. A total of $2 million is available for projects in two categories: threat reduction stewardship and species and habitat recovery. Deadline January 12
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn More >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Know of other upcoming events or grant opportunities? Share them with San Diego’s nonprofit community in the comments below!