The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- The San Diego Foundation put together resources to provide San Diego nonprofit organizations with information about the San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund, as well as helpful resources to support your organization while navigating this public health and economic crisis.
Upcoming Events & Development Opportunities
- Nonprofit Management Solutions holds a series of live, virtual workshops for nonprofits and individuals working for nonprofits throughout the year.
TSDF Funding Opportunities
- The Ramona Community Foundation (RCF) is in its 10th year of grantmaking to enhance the quality of life for those who live, work and play in Ramona. In the current cycle, RCF invites nonprofit organizations to submit project proposals specifically for Ramona that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant community and recover from the pandemic. Deadline: May 24, 2021 at 5:00pm
- The Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation (RBCF) is in its 33rd year of grantmaking to enhance the quality of life for those who live, work and play in Rancho Bernardo. In the current cycle, RBCF is accepting proposals that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant and civically engaged community. Deadline: May 24, 2021 at 5:00pm
- Separately, RBCF will award up to $10,000 in increments of funding levels between $1,500 and $5,000 for programs involving music to be awarded from the RB Symphony on the Green Fund. Deadline: May 24, 2021 at 5:00pm
- The San Diego County COVID-19 Small Business & Nonprofit Loan Program (SBNLP) is a collaborative initiative to provide low-interest and no-interest loans to San Diego County small businesses and nonprofit organizations and aid in the region’s economic recovery from the coronavirus.
Other Funding Opportunities
- The City of Carlsbad Cultural Arts Office is accepting grants for projects taking place in Carlsbad from September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2022. Deadline: May 24, 2021
- The Sprouts Neighborhood Grant application is now open and accepting applications. Grants between $2,500 to $10,000 will be awarded to organizations demonstrating a strong commitment to children’s health and nutrition. Deadline: May 31,2021
- The In-N-Out Burger Foundation is accepting applications from organizations that assist children who have been victims of child abuse and prevent others from suffering a similar fate. Each year grants ranging from $2,000 – $20,000 are awarded to agencies that most closely align with their purpose. Deadline: June 1, 2021
- The Foundation for Developmental Disabilities is accepting applications that focus on the areas of transportation, self-advocacy, family support, employment, and housing. Funding ranges from $500 – $15,000. Deadline: August 3, 2021
- Las Patronas is accepting applications from organizations with critically needed capital items that have a useful life of at least three years. Deadline: August 27, 2021 at 5:00pm
- The May & Stanley Smith Charitable Trust is accepting Letters of Inquiry from organizations that provide direct services to individuals. In addition, the Trust supports organizations intervening at various levels to effect positive change in the individual, the family and the community as well as organizations striving to bring about changes in systems, policies, and/or behaviors that contribute to improved well-being and opportunity for its focus populations. Rolling Deadline
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
TSDF Career Opportunities
- Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve quality of life for all San Diegans. The San Diego Foundation was awarded a 2020 Top Places to Work award by The San Diego Union-Tribune.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Gift Entry Administrator, Grants Specialist and IT Support Analyst.