The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Join us for a community conversation to honor our first Community Hero of 2017, Elizabeth Bustos, a leader focused on racial justice and equality in San Diego. April 3, 6-8:30 at Kitchens for Good at the Jacobs Center. Learn More >
- Registration is open for San Diego Workforce Partnership’s Flip the Script: 53,000 Reasons to Change the Story of San Diego’s Opportunity Youth. Learn how to better support San Diego County’s opportunity youth. April 13, 8:30-2:30 p.m. at Jacobs Center For Neighborhood Innovation. Learn More >
- Fast Forward seeks applications for Technology Accelerator Program. Applicants should be product-driven nonprofits working to leverage open source software, always connected mobile devices, open APIs, and inexpensive variable cost web infrastructure to solve education, environmental, health, and human rights issues. Organizations selected to participate in this program will receive a $25,000 grant, thirteen weeks of summer training in San Francisco, and connections to a network mentors. Deadline March 31
- Center for Research & Policy Analysis is accepting letters of inquiry for Legal Education Diversity Pipeline Grants. Grant awards will be up to $125,000 to current or proposed programs that conduct effective interventions designed to enhance access to legal education for students from diverse backgrounds, specifically historically underrepresented minority students and students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Deadline April 10
- The PGE Foundation is accepting proposals for arts education and cultural outreach programs that promote innovation and creativity while also enhancing literacy and math aptitude. Grant amounts will be determined on a project-by-project basis. Deadline April 10
- Patagonia is inviting applications for grassroots environmental campaigns. Grants of up to $15,000 will be awarded in support of projects that are action-oriented, build public involvement and support, are focused on root causes, and demonstrate a commitment to long-term change. Deadline April 30
- The California Natural Resources Agency is accepting proposals for projects that fit one or both of the following criteria: 1) acquire, create, enhance, or expand community parks and green spaces, and/or 2) use natural systems or systems that mimic natural systems to achieve multiple benefits. Deadline May 1
- Crayola seeks proposals for 2017 Creative Leadership Grants. The program will award up to twenty grants of $2,500 each for innovative, creative, leadership-building programs in elementary schools. In addition, each program will receive an in-kind grant of Crayola products valued at $1,000. Deadline June 23
- American Humane Association is accepting applications for grants up to $2,000 to support medical procedures for animals that have been victims of abuse or neglect and require medical treatment before being placed for adoption. Applications are accepted year-round but must be received no later than six months following the date of intake of the animal(s). Deadline Ongoing
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.