The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- The San Diego Foundation put together resources to provide San Diego nonprofit organizations with information about the San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund, as well as helpful resources to support your organization while navigating this public health and economic crisis.
UPCOMING EVENTS & DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Register for the 2021 Summer Nonprofit Governance Symposium: Restoring our Organizations, Rebuilding our Community, Reconnecting our Partnerships. This event will be focused on sharing forward-thinking perspectives and fresh approaches on how nonprofits can navigate through the space of reopening their doors. Event Date: June 24, 2021 from 9:00am-1:00pm
- Nonprofit Management Solutions holds a series of live, virtual workshops for nonprofits and individuals working for nonprofits throughout the year.
- Join us for Leaders for Outdoor Equity, a program that includes a free workshop series on historical and contemporary issues of exclusion and inequity as they relate to our public lands, and highlights current efforts to address these issues. The workshop series is paired with seminars to develop the transformational leadership skills of participants. The free workshop series is open to the public and registration is currently open. The transformational leadership seminars immediately follow the first four workshops and those interested in participating are asked to apply. The cohort begins on July 29, 2021 and scholarships are available! Special program content has been developed by Outdoor Outreach, The Nonprofit Institute at the University of San Diego, and the US Fish & Wildlife Service. This program was developed in partnership with the Outdoor Foundation, The San Diego Foundation, and Thrive Outside.
TSDF FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- The San Diego County COVID-19 Small Business & Nonprofit Loan Program (SBNLP) is a collaborative initiative to provide low-interest and no-interest loans to San Diego County small businesses and nonprofit organizations and aid in the region’s economic recovery from the coronavirus.
OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- To ensure the California State Park system is more welcoming, accessible, and relevant to all visitors, Parks California is proud to launch the second year of the Route to Parks Grants program. Parks California anticipates grant awards will average $15,000. Deadline: August 6, 2021 at 5:00pm
- CAL FIRE’s Urban and Community Forestry Program (UCF) is accepting applications from organizations working to develop sustainable urban and community forests in order to improve the quality of life in urban environments in California. Deadline: July 14, 2021 at 3:00pm
- The Alaska Airlines Foundation LIFT program is accepting applications for programs that inspire, empower, mentor, engage and equip young people to connect to career opportunities and to imagine what’s possible. Grants generally range from $5,000 to $20,000. Deadline: July 31, 2021
- The U.S. Bank Foundation is accepting applications from organizations for the Home Pillar application. Focusing on programs that provide support to critical financial needs due to COVID-19. Deadline: July 31, 2021
- The Teichert Foundation will be accepting Cycle 2 applications beginning July 1 for programs focusing in the following areas: civic improvement and historical restoration, community and social services, culture and the arts, education, environmental planning and preservation, rehabilitation and health service, transportation and planning, youth and elderly. Deadline: August 27, 2021
- 2021/22 Bullying and Violence in School Advocacy (XB) Program RFP is now open. The purpose of the XB Program is to provide counseling, advocacy, and other support services to children/teenagers who have been victimized by bullying and/or school violence. Deadline: July 14, 2021
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
TSDF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve quality of life for all San Diegans. The San Diego Foundation was awarded a 2020 Top Places to Work award by The San Diego Union-Tribune.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Donor Services Team Administrator and Finance & Investment Analyst.