The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, especially during the COVID-19 crisis, we’re sharing valuable information about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
Upcoming Events & Development Opportunities
Classy is hosting a live webinar, The Eight Second Challenge for Nonprofits: How to Attract, Engage, and Retain Supporters, on July 28 at 10:00am to help nonprofits strengthen engagement and retention with donors.
Funding Opportunities at the Foundation
The San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund at The San Diego Foundation is making rapid response grants and low-to-no interest loans to San Diego nonprofit organizations that are working on the frontlines of the coronavirus public health crisis to provide our region’s most vulnerable communities with support. As more funding becomes available, The Foundation will make grants focusing on education, childcare and other emergent needs.
COVID-19 Response Funding and Resources
- The City of San Diego is accepting applications through its COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Families experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 can apply for one-time payments of up to $4,000. Deadline August 7
- The San Diego Board of Supervisors approved a new Small Business Stimulus Program for nonprofit and for-profit businesses in the region. Organizations impacted by the pandemic can learn more about eligibility and the application process here.
- Parents experiencing lost wages and essential workers can apply for micro-grants to support their families with funds from the San Diego COVID-19 Children’s Fund. Funds will be available on a first-come, first-served basis as long as they fall within the priority support areas.
- Mission Driven Finance created a financial resource page for small businesses and nonprofits which includes a searchable database for grants, loans, business advice, technology resources, and other resources.
- Grantspace has also created a list of resources for nonprofits and individuals seeking emergency financial resources.
Other Funding Opportunities
- U.S. Bank is providing grants for organizations and programs that assist people in developing stability in their lives through access to safe, sustainable and accessible homes. Deadline: July 31, 2020
- The National Endowment for the Arts is accepting applications for their creative placemaking grants program which supports projects that integrate arts, culture, and design activities into efforts that strengthen communities by advancing local economic, physical, and/or social outcomes. Deadline: August 6, 2020
- As part of its Healthier Kids for Our Future initiative, the Cigna Foundation is accepting applications from nonprofit programs that strengthen the mental health and well-being of children, as well as address childhood hunger. Deadline: September 30
- Price Philanthropies is seeking grant applications from nonprofits that focus on the basic needs of the most vulnerable children and families in City Heights and San Diego. Deadline: Rolling
Job Openings at The San Diego Foundation
The San Diego Foundation is hiring for a Communications Specialist and Community Impact Manager. Please check out our careers page to learn more.