The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- The Nonprofit Institute and the City of San Diego are proud to present The Nonprofit Academy Spring Workshop Series. This series will provide an opportunity to explore topics in marketing, strategy, and program design. These workshops are free and open to any nonprofit serving the City of San Diego. Please review and submit the online application.
- The San Diego Foundation Creative Catalyst program promotes civic engagement through community activation, increasing awareness of contemporary social issues, and promoting dialogue through art. Join three Creative Catalyst fellows as they share their final projects with the community beginning February 28, 2019. All events are free of charge and open to the public.
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The San Diego Foundation is inviting Letters of Interest (LOI) from nonprofit organizations working to protect and connect outdoor spaces and improve equitable access to the outdoors, especially for our most park-poor and underserved communities. Learn more about the Opening Outdoors 2019 grant cycle. LOI Deadline: Wednesday, March 6 at noon
Other Funding Opportunities
- The NBCUniversal Foundation is partnering with the NBC and Telemundo owned stations to present Project Innovation, a grant program recognizing local nonprofit organizations tackling everyday problems through innovative solutions. Project Innovation will award exceptional nonprofit programs that are addressing one of the four community issue areas: Culture of Inclusion, Youth Education, Next Generation Storytellers, Community Engagement. Deadline February 15
- Bank of America is accepting requests for proposals for their Economic Mobility grant from nonprofits helping individuals and families in need overcome challenges, achieve stability and improve their financial lives. Deadline: February 24
- The Parker Foundation is committed to partnerships with a wide variety of social, arts, community and educational organizations in San Diego County, and is now accepting applications. Deadline: March 12 at noon
- The State Coastal Conservancy announced the availability of grants to public agencies, tribes and nonprofit organizations for programs that facilitate and enhance the public’s opportunities to “Explore the Coast.” The purpose of this grant program is to help more people to explore California’s spectacular coast. Deadline: April 8
- The State Coastal Conservancy also announced the availability of grants to public agencies, federally-recognized tribes and nonprofit organizations for acquiring beach wheelchairs that will be provided free of charge for public use. The purpose of this grant program is to help more people explore California’s spectacular coast. Deadline: April 8
- The ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Grants Program supports nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies dedicated to the prevention and elimination of animal cruelty throughout the United States. Deadline: Rolling