The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Nonprofit Management Solutions is hosting a complimentary workshop on December 11 for grantwriters and those interested in finding funding sources for their organization. Learn More>
- The University of San Diego Nonprofit Institute and Caster Center is hosting the Annual Nonprofit Governance Symposium on January 25-27 to highlight current best practices, lessons learned from the field, and trends in effective nonprofit and philanthropic board leadership, as well as board recruitment and retention. Learn More>
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The San Diego Foundation is accepting applications for its Creative Catalyst 2018-2019 grant cycle. The program provides opportunities for local professional artists to create work that advances their careers, increases civic engagement and enriches the public’s quality of life. For more information about the Creative Catalyst program, click here. Deadline December 11
- The Oceanside Charitable Foundation is accepting applications for its 10th grant cycle, which will focus on programs that promote civic engagement and tolerance in the community. Deadline December 21
- The 4SRanch~Del Sur Community Foundation is accepting applications for its 11th grant cycle, which will focus on programs that address the health and/or well-being of individuals, families and neighborhoods in the 4SRanch and Del Sur communities. Deadline January 8
- The Carlsbad Charitable Foundation is accepting applications for its 11th grant cycle, which will focus on programs that address the cycle of poverty and homelessness and projects that educate our community on these issues. Deadline January 8
- The San Diego Foundation has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance & Investment Analyst to join our financial team. The position will provide analyst-level resources within the Finance & Accounting Department. Learn More >
- Do you have a passion for improving San Diego’s environment? The two-year Environment & Thomas Murphy Fellowship may be your chance to dig into important environmental issues for our region, and help The San Diego Foundation effectively partner with nonprofits, governments, businesses and donors working to address critical environmental needs across the region. Applicants are being reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates should apply soon. Learn More >
Other Funding Opportunities
- Temper of the Times Foundation invites applications for environmental issues. Grants of up to $5,000 – $15,000 will be awarded to nonprofit organizations to underwrite the costs of advertising designed to promote the conservation and restoration of native wildlife, plants, and ecosystems in the United States. Deadline December 15
- The NTC Foundation is requesting proposals for art initiatives. Installations at the Stations is an ongoing program which seeks to artistically transform the former Naval Training Center site at ARTS District Liberty Station. Proposals are contracted with $3,500 – $12,000 awards, and a goal of up to five projects selected per year, starting in early 2018. Deadline December 15
- KPBS is accepting submissions for its Explore Local Content Project, which will fund content-focused initiatives that increase our sense of place, reflect our diverse and dynamic San Diego community and allow audiences to connect over shared experiences. Deadline January 8
- In its second grant cycle, The Latina Giving Circle will award two $5,000 grants to organizations working to offer support for vulnerable immigrant youth or adults, undocumented and/or deferred status. Deadline January 16
- SANDAG has announced that $2 million will be awarded to land management projects focusing on two categories – threat reduction stewardship and species and habitat recovery. A pre-proposal workshop will be held on November 8. Deadline January 12
- PeopleForBikes is accepting letter of intent for for important and influential projects that leverage federal funding and build momentum for bicycling in communities across the United States. Deadline January 19
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Know of other upcoming events or grant opportunities? Share them with San Diego’s nonprofit community in the comments below!