The holiday season is a special time to enjoy moments with friends and family, look back on fond memories from the past 12 months and even get your final gifts in.
For some families and students, it’s also a time to think about future education plans.
During the months of December and January, many San Diego students make plans for the next step in their academic career – writing college essays, filling out applications and applying for scholarships.
Did you know there’s one place you can go to apply for more than 100 scholarships at once?
The San Diego Foundation Community Scholarship Program is the largest scholarship provider in San Diego County outside the university systems. Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we present more than 1,000 scholarship awards to high school students, current college students, graduate students and adult re-entry students every year. Since 1997, we have awarded more than $28.7 million to thousands of students.
Whether you plan to attend a community college, four-year university, career/technical school, teaching credential program or graduate school, the Community Scholarship Program has opportunities for you.
Here are just a few examples of scholarships available at The San Diego Foundation:
- Sanor-Graves Scholarship: Available to San Diego students who are currently or have been in the foster care system at some point since age 13 or later
- Barta-Lehman Musical Scholarship: Available to San Diego students who are planning to pursue a career in music
- Leon and Margaret Williams Scholarship: Available to African-American students in San Diego who plan to pursue a career in health or the healthcare field
- Bill Waite Scholarship: Available to San Diego students who are members of a high school sailing team or program
- Barbara Monroe Scholarship: Available to San Diego students currently enrolled in higher education who also serve the community through extra-curricular activities and work at least 10 hours per week
As you break bread with family and enjoy some much-needed time off, remember to review the available scholarships during this holiday season.
Applications will be accepted online until February 1, 2018 at 2:00pm (PST).