We’re a proud affiliate of The San Diego Foundation committed to meeting emerging needs in Escondido by encouraging and increasing effective and responsible philanthropy to benefit all who live, work and play in this special community.
Our purpose is to build an Escondido community endowment; provide funding annually to Escondido nonprofit organizations and causes; and give Escondido community members a vehicle for legacy planning and gifts that will benefit Escondido, now and forever.
- Raised more than $1.7 million in contributions for the benefit of Escondido charitable causes
- Created a long-term Community Endowment of more than $847,000
- Secured matching funds totaling $100,000 from the City of Escondido, the Escondido Rotary Foundation and County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price
- Recruited more than 155 members, including 100 Founders who committed a minimum of $1,000 per year, for five years
- Created the Escondido After-the-Fires Fund to serve as a catalyst and convener for after-the-fires recovery efforts following the Witch Creek Fire of 2007
- Instrumental in distributing more than $106,000 in After-the-Fires Grants