November 22, 2019 – San Diego, CA – The Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation (RBCF), an affiliate of The San Diego Foundation, awarded $96,050 to 20 nonprofit organizations that are helping to make Rancho Bernardo a great place to live, work and play.
The grants were announced during the 31st Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon in front of more than 300 attendees at the Rancho Bernardo Inn. The nonprofit organizations that received funding will support a variety of social impact areas, including education, youth development, science and technology, the arts and more.
“The Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation is proud of its longstanding commitment to philanthropy in the community,” shared RBCF President Debbie Kurth. “Together, thanks to the generosity of our members and community leaders, we have generated more than $2.3 million worth of impact in Rancho Bernardo and helped change lives through the hundreds of nonprofit programs that we have supported.”
RBCF has granted more than $750,000 to the nonprofit community through membership and fundraising programs, such as Pathway of Pride, Hats Off to Volunteers and the Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon. The annual giving is bolstered by an endowment fund that supports the Rancho Bernardo community in perpetuity.
RBCF was founded by local leaders as a way for residents to give back to the community and invest in programs that make Rancho Bernardo an even better place to live and work. Through its annual grantmaking, the organization has addressed a wide range of community issues including health and human services; youth development and education; access to the outdoors; arts & culture and more.
List of 2019-2020 Grantees:
- $9,600 to Let’s Light The Cross Foundation for the Battle Mountain Cross
- $8,500 to Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation for the Arts in Education program for Rancho Bernardo students
- $7,500 to Voices for Children for the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program in Rancho Bernardo
- $7,000 to Rancho Bernardo High School for the Rancho Bernardo High School SWITCH Leadership Expedition
- $7,000 to Spirit of the Fourth, Inc. for the Spirit of the Fourth Celebration
- $7,000 to Rancho Bernardo Historical Society for enhancements to the museum exhibits
- $6,700 to Rancho Bernardo Veterans Memorial for maintenance and improvements to the Veterans Memorial
- $5,000 to Rancho Bernardo Senior Services for the Collaborative Informational Services and Assistance to Seniors programs
- $5,000 to Alzheimer’s San Diego for its Supporting Rancho Bernardo Families Impacted by Dementia program
- $5,000 to Friends of Vista Hill for its Youth Community Service programs
- $5,000 to Southern California Ballet for its Night of Music and Dance in the Park event
- $4,842 to Rancho Bernardo Music Boosters to replace aging percussion equipment at Rancho Bernardo High School
- $3,000 to Classics 4 Kids to bring music education workshops to Rancho Bernardo elementary schools
- $3,000 to Golden Era Memories and Film for a series of musical concerts for seniors in Rancho Bernardo
- $3,000 to YMCA of San Diego County for the Teens in Motion program at Rancho Bernardo High School
- $2,500 to Poway Symphony Orchestra Foundation for the Poway Symphony Orchestra Concerts
- $2,408 to Turtleback Education Foundation to upgrade its music program audio system
- $1,500 to Burn Institute for its Fire Safe Kids program
- $1,500 to Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library for the Rancho Bernardo Library Concerts
- $1,000 to Rancho Bernardo Neighborhood Watch to grow the Neighborhood Watch Sign Program
About the Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation & the Regional Affiliate Program
The Regional Affiliate Program, including the Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation, was established by The San Diego Foundation to create a regional network of affiliate foundations by leveraging local leadership, building endowments, increasing impactful philanthropy, and promoting civic engagement. Affiliates reside in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, La Jolla, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, and 4S Ranch-Del Sur. The Regional Affiliate program has exceeded 1,000 members, established endowments of more than $5 million overall, and granted more than $6 million in total to nonprofit organizations throughout the region.
About The San Diego Foundation
The San Diego Foundation maximizes the impact of your charitable giving. We mobilize philanthropic resources to advance quality of life, increase social impact and champion civic engagement. For more than 40 years, The Foundation and our donors have granted more than $1.1 billion to grow a vibrant San Diego region. Learn more on our website, and consider a donation to the Fund for the Future Endowment which supports San Diego community needs for good, forever.