August 31, 2022 – San Diego, CA – The Oceanside Community Foundation (OCF), a regional affiliate of San Diego Foundation, held its Annual Grant Awards Celebration on Aug. 30 at the El Corazon in Oceanside and awarded $92,000 to seven local nonprofits that provide programs that support academic, social development and enrichment programs that help students living in Oceanside in grades K-12 make up for lost time.
“We want to work with local organizations closest to our youth to ensure that as a community we’re uplifting our young people academically, socially and emotionally,” said Vince Alessi, OCF 2021 – 2022 board chair.
Since 2009, OCF has granted more than $830,000 to over 60 programs that help grow a more vibrant community, so the current and next generation of Oceanside residents have a place they are proud to call home.
List of 2022-2023 Grantees:
- $25,000 to Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside for its 6- to 8-week Summer of Purpose program focused on enrichment summer learning for K-8 summer youth participants.
- $15,000 to North County Lifeline for its Club Crown Heights afterschool program that provides free enrichment activities to K-12 youth in the Crown Heights neighborhood.
- $15,000 to Interfaith for its Transitional Youth Academy that serves Oceanside youth ages 14 to 18 who are enrolled in high school and are from low-income households living below the poverty line.
- $12,000 to Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) for its OMA’s Literacy Through Art, an arts-integrated literacy program for Oceanside third graders.
- $10,000 to Autism Tree Project Foundation (ATPF) for its ATPF Educational and Support Programs that provide services to children and families from the city of Oceanside who are impacted by autism.
- $10,000 to Girls on the Run San Diego for its programming that serves third- through eighth-grade girls from Oceanside with physical exercise coupled with social-emotional learning.
- $5,000 to Oceanside Theatre Company (OTC) for its OTC Youth Theatre Arts Outreach Program which serves at-risk youth ages 8 to 18 in Oceanside by providing opportunities for them to experience live theatre.
About the Oceanside Community Foundation & the Regional Affiliate Program
The Regional Affiliate program, including the Oceanside Community Foundation, was established by San Diego Foundation to create a regional network of affiliate foundations by leveraging local leadership, building endowments, increasing impactful philanthropy, and promoting civic engagement. Affiliates reside in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo and 4S Ranch-Del Sur. The Regional Affiliate program has exceeded 1,000 members, established endowments of more than $5 million overall, and granted more than $6 million in total to nonprofit organizations throughout the region.
About San Diego Foundation
San Diego Foundation inspires enduring philanthropy and enables community solutions to improve the quality of life in our region. Our strategic priorities include advancing racial and social justice, fostering equity of opportunity, building resilient communities, and delivering world-class philanthropy to realize our vision of just, equitable and resilient communities. For more than 46 years, SDF and its donors have granted more than $1.3 billion to support nonprofit organizations strengthening our community. Learn more at SDFoundation.org.
Contact: Lorena Nava Ruggero, San Diego Foundation, email@example.com, 619-814-1365