June 7, 2023 – San Diego, CA – Oceanside Community Foundation (OCF), a regional affiliate of San Diego Foundation, held its Annual Grant Awards Celebration June 6 at the Veterans Association of North County (VANC) in Oceanside and awarded $90,000 to six local nonprofits that provide programs that identify and address the behavioral health needs of Oceanside adults 50 years and older, including safety, mobility, socialization, food insecurity, and mental and physical health.
“We want to work with local organizations supporting the needs of Oceanside adults 50 and above to ensure that, as a community, we’re uplifting our older adults socially and emotionally,” said Beverly Holtz, OCF 2022-2023 board chair.
Since 2009, OCF has granted more than $920,000 to over 70 programs that help grow a more vibrant community, so the current and next generation of Oceanside residents have a place they are proud to call home.
2023-2024 grantees include:
- Brother Benno Foundation – $20,000 to meet the critical health and safety needs of homeless senior persons in the Oceanside community.
- Interfaith Community Services – $20,000 for its homeless outreach and aid services for unsheltered older adults that address the urgent behavioral health needs of seniors in Oceanside who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- North County LGBTQ Resource Center – $15,000 for its Mental Health Services and Foodies & Goodies programs that provide mental health sessions and food for older LGBTQ+ Oceanside adults and their loved ones.
- Serving Seniors – $5,000 to provide nutritious meals to low-income and unhoused seniors living in Oceanside.
- Mama’s Kitchen – $15,000 for its Senior Nutrition Program that provides homemade nutritious food to seniors with critical illnesses and who are unable to provide for themselves.
- Vista Community Clinic (VCC) – $15,000 for Health on Wheels for Seniors, its mobile medical and dental units that will host monthly clinics and quarterly health fairs for Oceanside’s low-income seniors.
About Oceanside Community Foundation & the Regional Affiliate Program
The Regional Affiliate program, including the Oceanside Community Foundation, was established by San Diego Foundation to create a regional network of affiliate foundations by leveraging local leadership, building endowments, increasing impactful philanthropy, and promoting civic engagement. Affiliates reside in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo and 4S Ranch-Del Sur. The Regional Affiliate program has exceeded 1,000 members, established endowments of more than $5 million overall, and granted more than $6 million in total to nonprofit organizations throughout the region.
About San Diego Foundation
San Diego Foundation inspires enduring philanthropy and enables community solutions to improve the quality of life in our region. Our strategic priorities include advancing racial and social justice, fostering equity of opportunity, building resilient communities, and delivering world-class philanthropy to realize our vision of just, equitable and resilient communities. For more than 47 years, SDF and its donors have granted more than $1.4 billion to support nonprofit organizations strengthening our community. Learn more at SDFoundation.org.
Lorena Nava Ruggero, San Diego Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-814-1365