- As part of the San Diego Accelerator & Impact Lab (SAIL), Mission Edge will be hosting a 5-part Speaker Series on Social Enterprise. SAIL is a program of Mission Edge, in collaboration with Impact Without Borders, sponsored by The San Diego Foundation, Union Bank and Qualcomm. Join Mission Edge for the first event September 18 at 5:30 pm for “Becoming a Social Enterprise: Changing Culture, Attitudes, and Actions”, as Torrie Dunlap from KIT shares her Social Enterprise journey. Register Today >
- San Diego Grantmakers will host a Strengthening Democracy Summit September 19 to help empower civic philanthropy. Register Today >
- Join Nonprofit Management Solutions September 27 for a workshop, where Joshua Berkstresser will instruct attendees on Performance Management: A Proactive Approach. Register Today >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The San Diego Foundation is accepting applications for the Creative Catalyst 2018-2019 grant cycle. The program provides opportunities for local professional artists to create work that advances their careers, increases civic engagement and enriches quality of life. Deadline December 11. Learn about the Creative Catalyst Program >
Other Funding Opportunities
- The Noyes Foundation is accepting applications for agroecology and organic food initiatives. The Californian Consumers Advancing Agroecology and Organics (CACAO) fund will award a total of $1,170,000 in grants ranging from $75,000 to $250,000. Deadline September 18
- Finish Line Youth Foundation invites applications for youth and athletic programs. Three grant categories of $5,000, $25,000, and $75,000 will be awarded to support youth athletic programs and sports-based camps that serve disadvantaged children and those with special needs. Deadline September 30
- Cedar Tree Foundation is accepting applications for its environmental program. The program supports organizations that provide summer professional development opportunities for current K-12 teachers in a public, private, or alternative school. Awards range from $20,000 to $100,000. Deadline September 30
- Chef Works, Inc. is seeking applications for community outreach. Applicants may choose from one of the following three categories: (1) the elimination of children living in poverty, (2) children and adults living with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and (3) protecting and improving the environment for many generations to come. Grants between $5,000 and $25,000 will be awarded to eight charitable organizations. Deadline December 1
- The NTC Foundation is requesting proposals for art initiatives. Installations at the Station is an ongoing program that seeks to artistically transform the former Naval Training Center site at ARTS District Liberty Station. Proposals are contracted with $3,500 to $12,000 awards, and a goal of up to 5 projects selected per year, starting in early 2018. Deadline December 15
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Do you know of other upcoming events or grant opportunities? Share them with San Diego’s nonprofit community in the comments below!