The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at National University is hosting a workshop and open house for nonprofit leaders to learn more about digital fundraising skills. Event date: October 17
- Join fellow nonprofit organizations and learn about the current state of the nonprofit sector at the 2019 State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Summit. Hosted by University of San Diego’s Nonprofit Institute. Event date: October 18
- The Nonprofit Institute and the City of San Diego will be holding a series of free fall workshops through The Nonprofit Academy. The first workshop is focused on the many components of starting a nonprofit. Workshop date: October 31
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- Chula Vista Charitable Foundation is accepting proposals for human services programs related to the aging community, arts and culture programs, or a creative blend of the two focus areas. Deadline: November 5
Other Funding Opportunities
- The City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture is accepting requests for funding for general operating support and project-specific support for local arts and culture organizations. for their Organizational Support and Creative Communities San Diego Programs. Deadline: October 21
- The California Arts Council has grants available for local organizations that support arts and cultural activity in service to individuals and communities throughout the county. Grants have varying deadlines. Please check the site for more details. Deadline: October 25
- The Alliance Healthcare Foundation is accepting applications from San Diego County nonprofits that serve the most vulnerable populations, who often experience inequities in health or social outcomes. Deadline: November 1
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is accepting grant applications for projects that support curated screening programs at film festivals or educational programs that empower future filmmakers from nontraditional backgrounds. Deadline: November 1
- The Community Development Block Grant Program is accepting applications from nonprofits working in the unincorporated areas of San Diego County that benefit low and moderate-income people and align with the County’s 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan. Deadline: November 1
- The Boys and Girls Foundation is accepting grant submissions from nonprofits who provide programs, projects or services to disadvantaged and underserved youth in San Diego County. Deadline: November 1
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.