The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Seeking Grants from Corporate Foundations Webinar: Join The Chronicle of Philanthropy and experts on corporate giving on May 23 and get tips and advice to increase your odds of winning a corporate foundation grant. Learn More>
- Join the San Diego Nonprofit Association and TriNet for a Communications Mega Workshop on May 24. This workshop will cover tips and trends to save nonprofit organizations time and money. Learn More>
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The Ramona Community Foundation invites nonprofit organizations to submit project proposals specifically for Ramona that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant community. Desirable projects will inspire community pride and revitalization and increase the quality of life of the broader Ramona community. Deadline June 1
- The Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation is in its 29th year of grantmaking to enhance the quality of life for those who live, work and play in Rancho Bernardo. In the current cycle, the Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation is accepting proposals that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant and civically engaged community. Deadline June 5
Other Funding Opportunities
- U.S. Soccer Foundation invites Letters of Inquiry for its Safe Places to Play program, which provides grants to organizations to help build or enhance a field space in underserved urban communities. Grants of up to $50,000 will be awarded for the installation of field surfaces, lighting, and irrigation in urban settings. Deadline May 26
- #GIRLBOSS Foundation is seeking proposals from women entrepreneurs. A single $15,000 grant will be awarded to a female entrepreneur pursuing a creative endeavor. In addition to the cash grant, the recipient will receive exposure through #GIRLBOSS® digital channels. Deadline June 30
- The Mazda Foundation invites applications for its 2017 Giving Program. This program supports nonprofit organizations in the areas of education, literacy, social welfare, scientific research, cross-cultural understanding, and environmental conservation. Grant amounts are determined according to the nature and need of the program. Deadline July 1
- The Center for Cultural Innovation’s (CCI) is seeking applications for its Investing in Tomorrow Organizational Grant program. This is a new, one-time grant program that will invest $105,000 in bold ideas by individuals at California nonprofit or fiscally sponsored arts organizations that have the potential to re-shape the future of the arts sector in exciting and important ways. Deadline July 12
- Project Learning Tree is accepting applications for environmental service-learning projects through its GreenWorks! grants program, which is designed to help students make their schools greener and healthier. Grants of up to $1,000 will be awarded to support environmental projects that demonstrate service-learning, exemplify student voice, and involve at least one community partner. Deadline September 30
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Do you know of other upcoming local events or funding opportunities for San Diego’s nonprofit community? Share them in the comments below!