The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region.
To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Nonprofit Management Solutions is hosting a free workshop on May 23 on the Ins and Outs of the Foundation Directory Online. Register Today >
- In collaboration with The San Diego Foundation, National University’s Sanford Institute of Philanthropy offers the Fundraising Academy. Register today to learn more about this program at an open house on June 2.
- The Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research at University of San Diego is hosting the Fourth Annual State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Summit on June 28. Register Today >
- GuideStar has released its Platinum level that provides organizations with an opportunity to share progress and results in important new ways. Learn More >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- Deadline Extended: The La Jolla Community Foundation is accepting applications for projects that range from $5,000 to $20,000 that focus on La Jolla beautification. May 23 deadline.
- Reminder: The Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation invites proposals between $1,500 and $10,000 that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant and civically engaged community. May 23 deadline.
- Reminder: The Ramona Community Foundation invites proposals from $1,500 to $7,000 that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant and civically engaged community. June 6 deadline.
Other Funding Opportunities
- Crayola is accepting applications for up to 20 grant awards of $2,500 in support of innovative leadership programs within elementary schools. June 6 deadline.
- Northrop Grumman Foundation welcomes submissions to an online contest that will provide up to $100,000 for five public middle schools to create a state-of-the art science lab. June 17 deadline.
- The California Natural Resources Agency announced grants up to $500,000 for urban forestry, resource and mitigation projects. June 9 San Diego workshop. July 12 deadline.
- National Wildlife Refuge Friends is accepting proposals for up to $15,000 for projects that assist organizations to be effective co-stewards of natural resources within the National Wildlife Refuge System. July 12 deadline.
- NFL Foundation Grassroots Program is accepting applications for up to $250,000 for capital improvement projects to improve the quality, safety and accessibility of local football fields. May 24 webinar. August 15 deadline.
- American Humane Association offers care grants up to $2,000 to support medical procedures for animals that have been victims of abuse or neglect. Rolling deadline.
- The International Documentary Association is awarding production grants of up to $25,000 for the creation of original, independent documentary films that illuminate pressing issues in the United States. Rolling deadline.
- The County of San Diego Department of Housing & Community Development announced funding to facilitate construction, acquisition, and rehabilitation of affordable multi-family rental housing. Deadline open until further notice.
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn More >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.