The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Learn the basics of effectively using the Foundation Directory Online resource. This complimentary workshop is being held at Nonprofit Management Solutions and is for grantwriters and those interested in finding funding sources for their organization. Their resource librarian is an experienced researcher who will share her tips to improve your funding research. Date: June 17 at 10:00am
- Join KPBS and the National Conflict Resolution Center for a Community Conversation about the opioid epidemic in the region. The event will feature an in-person interview with Sherrie Rubin, founder of Hope2gether Foundation and Kinsee Morlan, KPBS podcast producer, as well as a facilitated conversation about the topic. Space is limited. Event is free, but registration is required. Date: June 26 at 6:00pm
- Meet the STEAM Funders. The STEAM Funders at San Diego Grantmakers is inviting all funders and nonprofits active in STEAM programs to a breakfast at The San Diego Foundation to help build relationships in support of a more connected funder-nonprofit community advancing STEAM in San Diego County. Event is FREE for nonprofits but RSVP and a pre-survey are required by June 21. Date: June 28 at 9:00am
Other Funding Opportunities
- The Woodward & Curran Foundation invites applications to address water issues. The foundation’s Impact Fund will award $100,000 over three years to an innovative project that applies or advances technology by addressing a water issue related to climate change. Deadline: June 30, 2019
- The National Geographic Society is seeking proposals for projects that utilize education or storytelling to document human migration programs. Deadline: July 10, 2019
- United Way is accepting applications for Census 2020 Outreach and Education to ensure hard to count populations in the San Diego region are represented accurately in the Census. Grants will be awarded outreach and education, communications and media, and data and reporting. Deadline: July 12, 2019
- The American Honda Foundation is accepting applications for organizations that work with youth education, specifically in the areas of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, the environment, and job training and literacy. Deadline: August 1, 2019
- The Nordson Foundation is supporting organizations that directly or indirectly seek to maximize success before, during and beyond the traditional classroom years. Grants will be considered on the basis of their enrichment to the communities where their employees live and work. Deadline: August 15, 2019
- Cox Charities California will be opening its application period in August. Cox Charities funds organizations that focus on youth, education, military and conservation. Deadline: August 31, 2019
- The Caplan Foundation for Early Childhood is accepting LOIs for nonprofits that provide programs in the following areas: early childhood welfare, early childhood education and play, and parenting education. The Foundation’s goal is to provide seed money to implement those imaginative proposals that exhibit the greatest chance of improving the lives of young children, on a national scale. Deadline: September 30, 2019
- The Wildlife Conservation Board is seeking high quality grant proposals for the Monarch Butterfly and Pollinator Rescue Program, for projects that aid in the recovery and sustainability of populations of monarch butterflies and other pollinators. Deadline: Rolling
- Third Wave Fund’s Mobilize Power Fund is a rapid response fund for youth-led gender justice, action, and community mobilization. Applications are taken year-round and open to organizations, groups, and coalitions, regardless of 501c3 status or fiscal sponsorship. This grant prioritizes organizations with budgets under $500,000 in areas with limited access to philanthropic resources, and for groups and organizations led by young people of color and low-income communities. Deadline: Rolling
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.