The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- The City of San Diego and The Nonprofit Institute at the University of San Diego is partnering to host a free, two-day training program designed to strengthen the effective management and organizational capacity of nonprofits in San Diego. Content includes nonprofit management educational courses and information about applying for City grants. Upcoming sessions run August 21-22.
- Join fellow nonprofit organizations and learn about the current state of the nonprofit sector at the 2018 State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Summit. Hosted by University of San Diego’s Nonprofit Institute, the Summit will take place October 19.
- The California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA) Arts Initiative is hosting a three-day summer institute on arts learning and California state standards July 25-27 at the San Diego County Office of Education. Teachers, administrators, curriculum directors, artist educators, arts leaders, arts specialists, parents and school board members are encouraged to attend.
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- Come and learn about The San Diego Women’s Foundation 2018 grant opportunities on Wednesday, August 1 from 3:00 to 4:30pm. This year, SDWF will focus on local nonprofit organizations working to combat and prevent human trafficking. Letters of Interest (LOI) are due September 10. Register for the Grantseekers Forum here >
Other Funding Opportunities
- The Foundation for Contemporary Art is accepting applications from visual and performing artists presented with a sudden, unanticipated opportunity to display their work to the public or who have an unexpected project expense. Grant awards range between $500 and $2,500. See the website for details and application criteria. Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- The Russell Sage Foundation invites LOIs for innovative research on the effects of race, citizenship, legal status and politics, political culture and public policy related to outcomes for immigrants and different racial and ethnic groups of native-born citizens. Preferred applicants are those with a career background conducting scholarly research. Click here for grant guidelines and eligibility. LOI Deadline: November 30
- The Outdoor Foundation offers grant opportunities and resources to help 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations navigate the world of outdoor philanthropy. This recent webinar hosted by Transforming Youth Outdoors (TYO) covers current 2018 grant opportunities (all have since closed). The Outdoor Foundation is a great resource for nonprofits.
- KEEN, Inc. seeks applications for its Critical Coastlines grant program. Grant awards will support nonprofits working to improve the resilience of coastal ecosystems in the face of emerging threats including rising sea levels, natural disasters, and ocean pollution. Deadline: September 30
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Know of other upcoming events or grant opportunities? Share them with San Diego’s nonprofit community in the comments below!