The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- National University’s Sanford Institute of Philanthropy is now enrolling for its Fundraising Academy Certificate Program. Learn more >
- Nonprofit Management Solutions is hosting a Certificate Program in Nonprofit Management. Workshop on March 8. Learn more >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The Escondido Charitable Foundation invites proposals in the range of $15,000 to $35,000 for programs that invest in youth development in the Escondido community. February 21 Deadline
- The San Diego Foundation Opening the Outdoors Program is inviting proposals from nonprofit organizations working to protect and connect outdoor spaces and improve outdoor access, especially for our most park-poor and underserved communities. Grants will be in the range of $25,000 to $50,000. March 1 Deadline
Other Funding Opportunities
- The San Diego Unified Port District is requesting proposals for education programs that promote environmental stewardship, pollution prevention and forward-thinking sustainability goals benefiting the San Diego Bay and its diverse resources. February 9 Deadline
- California Wildlands Grassroots offers support to preserve natural landscapes. Grants will be in the range of $1,000 to $5,000. February 15 Deadline
- U.S. Soccer Foundation invites applications for implementing innovative programs. Grants ranging between $30,000 and $90,000 over three years. February 3 Deadline
- California Humanities will be awarding “Quick Grants”, between $1,000 and $5,000, for small-scale public humanities activities and projects. March 1 Deadline
- The National Endowment for the Arts is accepting applications from small and midsize organizations for projects that extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations for a $10,000 grant. April 13 Deadline
- Patagonia invites applications for grants of up to $15,000 in support of projects that are action-oriented, build public involvement and support, are focused on root causes, and demonstrate a commitment to long-term change. April 30 Deadline
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Do you know of other upcoming local events or funding opportunities for San Diego’s nonprofit community? Share them in the comments below!