The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region.
To support your efforts, we share valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Learn the basics of using the Foundation Directory Online resource effectively. This complimentary workshop by Nonprofit Management Solutions is for grantwriters and those interested in finding funding sources for their organization(s). January 14, 10am-11am
- Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders in this free, live webinar from Foundation Center. Learn the 10 most important things to know about finding grants. January 23, 11am-12pm
- Held at the University of San Diego, the 15th Annual Nonprofit Governance Symposium will be filled with plenaries, seminars, workshops, and many networking opportunities for nonprofit professionals. January 24-25
- Applications are open for the 2019 Social Enterprise Accelerator and Impact Lab (SAIL) from Mission Edge. Participation in the 12-week program provides access to content, tools, workshops, mentors, and lectures that help social entrepreneurs build a business model, test and validate ideas, launch, and pitch revenue-generating products and services. Deadline February 1, 5pm
Other Funding Opportunities
- S. Bank Foundation is accepting LOIs for their Community Possible grant program. The Community Possible grant is designed to embrace diversity in communities. To make the most meaningful impact, U.S. Bank focuses grantmaking on funding economic development tied to Play, Work and Home. Deadline January 31
- On behalf of New York Life Foundation, the Afterschool Alliance invites out-of-school time programs to apply for a competitive grant opportunity to support and bolster the ability of afterschool and summer learning programs to help middle school students make a successful transition from 8th to 9th RFP Deadline January 25, 5pm
- The Zable Foundation has historically funded San Diego County programs that benefit youth and underprivileged individuals, active and retired military personnel and sports related activities. Grant requests are accepted throughout the year, but requests received by February 1 will be reviewed by the next board meeting in March. Deadline February 1
- The Boys and Girls Foundation is seeking LOIs from organizations that provide preventative services or direct care to abused, neglected and at-risk youth in San Diego County. Deadline February 1, 12pm
- Humanities for All is a new grant program by the California Humanities that supports locally-initiated public humanities projects. This program responds to the needs and interests of Californians, encourages greater public participation in humanities programming, particularly by new and/or underserved audiences, and promotes understanding and empathy among all people in order to cultivate a thriving democracy. There is a Quick Grant and Project Grant available with two different deadlines in February. Deadlines February 1 Quick Grant; February 15 Project Grant
- Motorola Solutions Foundation is now accepting 2019 inquiry requests. The Foundation will focus giving in three key areas: (1) STEM education (2) public safety education and (3) blended public safety and technology & engineering education programs. Deadline February 4
- Maddie’s Fund is looking for applications from shelters and rescue organizations that propose to either implement a new innovative program or take an existing program and redesign or reimagine it in an innovative way. Application period February 11-18
- Art Works is the National Endowment for the Arts principal grants program. Projects may be large or small, existing or new, and may take place in any part of the nation’s 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories. The grant covers various disciplines. Deadline February 14
- The National Film Preservation Foundation invites applications for the spring round of its Basic Preservation Grants. These grants are awarded to nonprofit and public institutions for laboratory work to preserve culturally and historically significant film materials. Registration Deadline March 22
- The Waitt Foundation is currently considering grant proposals for projects related to the Waitt Foundation mission of supporting sustainable fishing and marine protected areas (MPAs) on a global scale. Rolling Deadline
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize The San Diego Foundation Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge.
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.