The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- The Harvard Business School’s Club of San Diego is offering a Nonprofit Management Development Program January 22 – March 12. Learn More >
- Nonprofit Management Solutions is offering organizational and leadership development courses and workshops, related to nonprofit and project management throughout the year. Learn More >
- The Nonprofit Institute’s Annual Nonprofit Governance Symposium begins January 25 and will highlight best practices, lessons learned from the field, trends in effective nonprofit and philanthropic board leadership, as well as board recruitment and retention. Learn More >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The San Diego Foundation is accepting applications for the current Escondido Charitable Foundation grant cycle. The grant provides opportunities for professional artists to enhance Escondido through interactive, publicly-accessible arts and cultural experiences. Deadline: February 20
Other Funding Opportunities
- The National Education Association (NEA) is inviting applications for its Learning and Leadership Grants program. Eligible funding activities include high-quality development experiences for teaching professionals through programs such as summer institutes, action research, collegial study, or mentoring experiences for faculty or staff. Grant amounts are $2,000 for individuals and $5,000 for groups. Deadline: February 1
- Clif Bar Family Foundation is accepting applications for its Small Grants program. Grants of up to $7,000 will be available with priority given to one of five focus areas: promoting Earth’s beauty and bounty; creating robust, healthy food systems; increasing opportunities for outdoor activity; reducing environmental health hazards; and building stronger communities. Deadline: February 1
- The National Endowment for the Arts is seeking applications from small and midsize nonprofit organizations to its Challenge America Fast-Track grants program. Grants of $10,000 will be awarded to projects designed to extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations, including those whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited by geography, ethnicity, economics, or disability. Deadline: April 12
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Know of other upcoming events or grant opportunities? Share them with San Diego’s nonprofit community in the comments below!