The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- The San Diego Nonprofit Association & TriNet continue the Access to Experts series with Capacity Building Through Partnerships on February 16, 2017. This panel discussion takes place at the Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Food Bank. Learn More >
- Join The San Diego Foundation, the County of San Diego, South Bay Youth Coalition and our partners on February 21, 2017 for a special screening of Jamie Redford’s Sundance-debuted film Resilience: The Biology of Stress and the Science of Hope. Learn More >
- Join The Center for Leadership Innovation & Mentorship Building (CLIMB) for A Conversation with Malin Burnham on February 28, 2017. He has been named “Mr. San Diego” and “Philanthropist of the Year” by the National Society of Fund Raising Executives. Learn More >
- San Diego Women’s Foundation Neighborhood Connection in Del Mar on February 28, 2017. Mix and mingle with San Diego Women’s Foundation members and guests who are passionate about their community! Contact Katie Sawyer for details: email@example.com.
- Registration for Taking a Stand, San Diego Grantmakers’ Annual Conference is now open. The conference will take place on March 2, 2017. Learn More >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The Escondido Charitable Foundation invites proposals in the range of $15,000 to $35,000 for programs that invest in youth development in the Escondido community. Deadline February 21
- The San Diego Foundation Opening the Outdoors Program is inviting proposals from nonprofit organizations working to protect and connect outdoor spaces and improve outdoor access, especially for our most park-poor and underserved communities. Grants will be in the range of $25,000 to $50,000. Deadline March 1
Other Funding Opportunities
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is accepting proposals for projects that support two categories of activities: strengthening coastal communities and habitat restoration. Typical grant awards will range from $250,000 to $1 million for projects lasting up to three years. Deadline March 15
- Ben & Jerry’s Foundation seeks proposals from nonprofit, grassroots community-organizing groups working to further social and environmental justice and in support of sustainable and just-food systems. Grant awards will be up to $20,000. Pre-proposal deadline April 14
- The J.M. Kaplan Fund is accepting first-round applications for its 2017 J.M.K. Innovation Prize. The foundation will award up to ten prizes to individuals or teams working to address a pressing need through social sector innovation. The prize will provide up to three years of support at $50,000 per year, as well as a $25,000 “bank” of funds. First-round deadline April 28
- RedRover, in cooperation with Sheltering Animals and Families Together, is accepting applications from emergency shelter organizations to help victims of domestic violence and their animal companions stay together during times of crisis. Grant awards will be up to $6,000. Deadline May 15
- The NEA Foundation is inviting applications for its Learning and Leadership Grants program. The program provides grants to public school teachers, public education support professionals, and/or faculty and staff in public institutions of higher education in support of high-quality professional development experiences. The grant amount is $2,000 for individuals and $5,000 for groups engaged in collegial study. Deadline June 1
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.