The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Registration for the 13th Annual USD Nonprofit Governance Symposium is now open. The Symposium will take place January 12-14, 2017. Learn more >
- The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at National University is now enrolling for its Fundraising Academy Certificate Program. Learn more >
Funding Opportunities at The San Diego Foundation
- The Chula Vista Charitable Foundation is accepting proposals for projects that support the physical and/or mental well-being and educational development of youth within Chula Vista. Approximately $50,000 in funding is available. January 9 Deadline
- The Carlsbad Charitable Foundation invites proposals in the range of $15,000 to $60,000 that support programs addressing drug and alcohol addiction. January 9 Deadline
- The Oceanside Charitable Foundation invites proposals in the range of $5,000 to $25,000 for programs that served “youth at risk” in the Oceanside community. January 9 Deadline
Other Funding Opportunities
- #GIRLBOSS Foundation invites applications from female entrepreneurs to pursue a creative endeavor for up to a $15,000 grant. December 31 Deadline
- The Social Equity Collaborative Fund is accepting letters of Intent for collaborative projects and programs that advance racial and economic equity in San Diego County. January 12 Deadline
- Starkey Hearing Foundation is accepting applications for grants in the area of hearing healthcare. January 15 Deadline
- The San Diego Unified Port District is requesting proposals for education programs that promote environmental stewardship, pollution prevention and forward-thinking sustainability goals benefiting the San Diego Bay and its diverse resources. February 9 Deadline
- Open Society Foundations is accepting proposals for programs that support, protect, and empower those who are targets of hateful acts and rhetoric. February 15 Deadline
- California Wildlands Grassroots offers support to preserve natural landscapes. Grants will be in the range of $1,000 to $5,000. February 15 Deadline
- Lead2Feed Leadership Challenge is accepting student entries for service learning projects, prizes in the range of $1,000 to $20,000. April 7 Deadline
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Do you know of other upcoming local events or funding opportunities for San Diego’s nonprofit community? Share them in the comments below!