Rental Assistance Resource
If you’re a renter having trouble paying your rent, utilities, or other housing costs – or if you’re a landlord trying to stay afloat with tenants in this situation – help may be available. State and local programs are distributing billions of dollars in rental assistance to help renters stay housed during the pandemic.
Visit the CFPB’s Rental Assistance Finder to find out what this means for you and what you can do. The CFPB’s site also includes resources to help renters and landlords understand other resources to help navigate various financial hardships related to the pandemic.
UPCOMING EVENTS & DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Nonprofit Management Solutions holds a series of live, virtual Workshops for nonprofits and individuals working for nonprofits throughout the year and provides access to Foundation Directory Online Professional, a fully searchable database of more than 100,000 foundation and corporate grantmakers.
2021 SAN DIEGO STATE OF NONPROFITS AND PHILANTHROPY SURVEY
- We encourage all nonprofits to fill out the 2021 San Diego State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Survey.
Each year, with your help, The Nonprofit Institute compiles leaders’ insights and shares the important story of San Diego’s social sector with a broad range of constituents including government officials, funders and the media. As a recognized leader in this field, your participation in this survey is extremely valuable and we hope that we can count on you to complete this by August 8, 2021.
This survey is designed to be taken by a senior leader in your nonprofit who has a comprehensive understanding of your operations. If that is not you, please share the survey with the appropriate person within your organization.
The survey consists of questions about economic and employment trends, leadership, diversity, equity, and inclusion practices, and organizational needs. The survey takes about 15-20 minutes to complete. All information you enter is confidential and will be reported in the aggregate. No individual names or organizational identities will be shared without written permission. Thank you in advance for your participation!
Deadline: August 8, 2021
TSDF FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- The San Diego Foundation is accepting applications to support older adults in San Diego through the Age Friendly Communities (AFC) Grant. The AFC Grant application is open to organizations whose projects and programs serve older adults in San Diego County, with an emphasis on equity in aging. Deadline: August 13, 2021, at 5:00 pm
- The Escondido Community Foundation is accepting applications for their 2021-2022 Mural Project grant cycle. The mural project will enhance the quality of life for those who live, work, and play in Escondido by beautifying the community with local art. Deadline: October 4, 2021, 5:00pm
OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- Archstone Foundation is accepting letters of inquiry for their second diversity, equity, and inclusion RFP that offers two funding opportunities, one focused on capacity building, the other on innovations. Deadline: August 11, 2021
- Wellness for All, a Power of She Fund grant, supports women of color entrepreneurs and organizations committed to making wellness and fitness more accessible and inclusive to female BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities. Deadline: August 13, 2021, at 5:00 pm
- The Nordson Foundation is accepting application from non-profit organizations that cultivate educational curriculum and experiences that foster self-sufficiency, job readiness and goals to aspire to higher education. Deadline: August 15, 2021
- The Cal Coast Cares Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2021 educator grants, awarded to teachers in San Diego and Riverside counties to help fund special classroom projects. Deadline: August 16, 2021
- Las Patronas is accepting applications for their major and minor grants programs. Las Patronas exclusively funds capital items for organizations located in San Diego County. Deadline: August 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
- The Teichert Foundation is accepting applications for projects and programs in the following areas: civic improvement, community and social services, culture and the arts, education, environmental planning and preservation, rehabilitation and health service, transportations and planning, as well as youth and the elderly. Deadline: August 27, 2021
- The San Diego County Bar Foundation is accepting applications from organizations that facilitate and expand the availability of legal services, improve the administration of justice and the San Diego court system, and/or promote public understanding of the law. Deadline: September 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm
- Umpqua Bank is accepting applications for their Community Grants program. Umpqua Bank is dedicated to building healthier, more resilient, better connected, and inclusive communities. They invest in and support nonprofit organizations that provide direct-service programming that incorporates a diversity, equity, and inclusion purpose. Deadline: September 3, 2021, at 5:00 pm
- The Sundt Foundation is accepting applications. The Foundation considers a broad range of social issues but gives special focus to under-served children and teens, domestic violence victims, and military veterans and their families. Deadline: September 15, 2021
- Monetary and in-kind support is available to charitable causes that reflect Caesars Entertainment’s commitment to the communities in which the company operates. Requests are more likely to be approved if it benefits one of their strategic focus areas: older individuals, environmental & social sustainability, and education & equity. Deadline: Rolling
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
TSDF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Staff at The San Diego Foundation address the region’s most pressing challenges and identify opportunities by working with donors and partners to improve quality of life for all San Diegans. The San Diego Foundation was awarded a 2020 Top Places to Work award by The San Diego Union-Tribune.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Finance & Investment Analyst, Manager, Community Impact, and Senior Director of Development, Strategic Initiatives.