The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Nonprofit Management Solutions will host a certificate course on August 23 to help participants prepare for leadership positions within nonprofit organizations. Learn More >
- Join the San Diego Nonprofit Association (SDNA) on September 8 for the 19th Annual Cause Conference, where Stan Phelps will educate attendees on Maximizing Your Impact Through the Power of Purpose. Learn More >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- In its 8th grant cycle, The Chula Vista Charitable Foundation (CVCF) invites nonprofits serving Chula Vista to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) to express interest in applying for a 2018 grant. CVCF will accept LOIs for projects that strengthen the Chula Vista community through workforce development and job training. Learn More > LOI Deadline August 28
- The San Diego Women’s Foundation (SDWF) seeks to promote greater access to behavioral health services in underserved communities. SDWF will fund innovative enrichment programs that target K-12 children, including GED students, aimed at improving the emotional and mental well-being of this population. Access the SDWF application here > LOI Deadline September 6
Other Funding Opportunities
- ESET welcomes applications for cybersecurity initiatives and programs. Applicants may choose from one of the following three categories: Women in Technology, Cybersecurity Education and/or STEM/STEAM Education, and Innovation/Start-up Economy. With $30,000 in awards, the first-place winner will receive $20,000 and five runners-up will receive $2,000. Deadline August 15
- Practice Change Leaders for Aging and Health is seeking applications from organizational leaders committed to improvements in care for older adults. The program will grant up to 10 awards of $45,000. Deadline August 17
- The Russell Sage Foundation is accepting letters of inquiry for immigration research. Grants of up to $150,000 over one or two years will be awarded for innovative research on the effects of race, citizenship, legal status, politics and political culture, and public policy on outcomes for immigrants and the native-born of different racial and ethnic groups and generations. Deadline August 21
- Cox Communications is seeking applications for its 2017 Cox Charities Nonprofit Grants program. Cox Charities will be awarding $130,000 in funding to nonprofits across its statewide footprint. Organizations must fall within one of the foundation focus areas: youth, education, military, and/or conservation. Deadline September 1
- Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art is accepting proposals to engage U.S. based Muslim and non-Muslim populations in arts and culture. Grants of up to $300,000 will be awarded for planning and the implementation of programs that advance inter-cultural relationships and understanding. Deadline September 8
- Waitt Foundation is requesting proposals for ocean conservation. The program will award grants ranging between $50,000 and S150,000 over six to 12 months. Projects and campaigns aimed at ending overfishing, the creation and expansion of marine protected areas, marine spatial planning, and raising of public awareness about the rapid decline in ocean health are encouraged to apply. Deadline September 8
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.
Do you know of other upcoming events or grant opportunities? Share them with San Diego’s nonprofit community in the comments below!