- The Brookings Institution’s President John Allen to join local leaders at press event on Sept. 27
- Media invited to register for virtual press conference where a multi-year partnership will be revealed
National, regional and local partners of the new San Diego Regional Policy & Innovation Center will make a special announcement at a virtual press conference on Sept. 27 at 10 a.m. PST. The announcement will reveal a multi-year partnership that will enable the Policy & Innovation Center to conduct research and policy analysis and help address some of the region’s biggest cross-sector and multi-jurisdictional challenges. The announcement will precede a day-long government and agency convening on Sept. 28.
Announced at the end of August, the Policy & Innovation Center builds partnerships to create integrated solutions to regional challenges such as climate resilience, critical infrastructure, homelessness, housing affordability, broadband access, quality jobs and health equity — issues that require massive collective effort and are barriers to the long-term growth and resilience of the San Diego region. To support recovery from the cascading effects of COVID-19, the Policy & Innovation Center is already co-designing new programs to bring large-scale federal recovery and infrastructure funds to the region by working with local municipalities, regional agencies and globally recognized think tanks. The announcement on Sept. 27 will provide further details illustrating the Policy & Innovation Center’s vision to conduct research and policy analysis, drive large-scale partnerships and investment opportunities, and enhance regional development.
Monday, Sept. 27 at 10 a.m.
- Media will be invited to take part in Q&A session following remarks from speakers.
- John R. Allen, President, The Brookings Institution
- Nathan Fletcher, Chair, San Diego County Board of Supervisors
- Mark Cafferty, President & CEO, San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation
- Mark A. Stuart, President & CEO, The San Diego Foundation
- Shalini Vajjhala, Executive Director, San Diego Regional Policy & Innovation Center
ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND CONTACT:
- Organization: The San Diego Foundation
- Interviews: Contact Byron Kimball, email@example.com or 619-732-0789 x297, to coordinate interviews with The San Diego Foundation, San Diego Regional Policy & Innovation Center and partners.
- Further action: Register for Press Conference
- Links to use in your story:
About the San Diego Regional Policy & Innovation Center
The San Diego Regional Policy & Innovation Center is a new 501(c)(3) organization of The San Diego Foundation that develops, tests, and implements world-class research and policy-driven solutions to address San Diego’s most pressing challenges. Learn more at sdfoundation.org/policyinnovation.
About The San Diego Foundation
The San Diego Foundation inspires enduring philanthropy and enables community solutions to improve the quality of life in our region. Our strategic priorities include advancing racial and social justice, fostering equity of opportunity, building resilient communities, and delivering world-class philanthropy to realize our vision of just, equitable and resilient communities. For more than 46 years, The Foundation and its donors have granted more than $1.3 billion to support nonprofit organizations strengthening our community. Learn more at SDFoundation.org.
Byron Kimball, firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-732-0789 x297