June 16, 2023 – San Diego, CA – On Thursday, June 15, Carlsbad Charitable Foundation (CCF), an affiliate of San Diego Foundation, held its Annual Grant Awards Celebration at Full Swing Golf and awarded $86,482 to seven local nonprofits that provide opportunities to invest, celebrate and enhance the community of Carlsbad.
“Our goal with this grant funding is to invest in projects that will improve and preserve the quality of life for those who live, work and play in Carlsbad for generations to come,” said Justin Peek, Board Chair of the Carlsbad Charitable Foundation.
The 2023-2024 grantees include:
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum – $17,000 for educational STEM workshops for Carlsbad transitional kindergarten and kindergarten students.
- Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito – $15,000 for its Big 8 Middle School Sports program that provides several sport program options to three Carlsbad middle schools.
- Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation – $14,982 for its Academy of Environmental Stewardship, a science- and environmental-based education program for Carlsbad third graders.
- Kids For Peace – $14,500 for the Great Kindness Challenge, a kindness curriculum that includes a variety of meaningful activities that will provide ongoing inspiration for people of all ages in Carlsbad.
- Autism Tree Project – $10,000 for 20 no-cost programs and services for over 250 children and families impacted by autism living in Carlsbad.
- Southern California Care Community – $10,000 for case management and mental health appointment screenings, treatment and referrals for Carlsbad’s uninsured and unhoused residents.
- Burn Institute – $5,000 to implement its Fire Safe Kids program at various schools in Carlsbad.
Since 2008, CCF has granted more than $1.3 million to over 70 programs helping grow a more vibrant community so that families today, as well as the next generation of Carlsbad residents, have a place they are proud to call home. Through its annual grantmaking, CCF has addressed a wide range of community issues, including health and human services; youth development and education; access to the outdoors; arts and culture, and more.
To become a CCF member, visit the website or contact Michael Oliveri at email@example.com.
About Carlsbad Charitable Community Foundation & the Regional Affiliate Program
The Regional Affiliate Program, including Carlsbad Charitable Foundation, was established by San Diego Foundation to create a regional network of affiliate foundations by leveraging local leadership, building endowments, increasing impactful philanthropy and promoting civic engagement. Affiliates reside in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo and 4S Ranch-Del Sur. The Regional Affiliate program has exceeded 1,000 members, established endowments of more than $5 million overall, and granted more than $6 million in total to nonprofit organizations throughout the region.
About San Diego Foundation
San Diego Foundation inspires enduring philanthropy and enables community solutions to improve the quality of life in our region. Our strategic priorities include advancing racial and social justice, fostering equity of opportunity, building resilient communities, and delivering world-class philanthropy to realize our vision of just, equitable and resilient communities. For more than 47 years, SDF and its donors have granted more than $1.4 billion to support nonprofit organizations strengthening our community. Learn more at SDFoundation.org.
Lorena Nava Ruggero, San Diego Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-814-1365