November 19, 2018 – San Diego, CA – The Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation (RBCF), an affiliate of The San Diego Foundation, awarded $83,000 to 20 different programs that benefit Rancho Bernardo at the 30th Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon.
This year, RBCF focused grantmaking on programs that help make Rancho Bernardo a great place to live, work and play. Grant programs that received funding will support a variety of social impact areas, including education, youth development, science and technology, the arts and more.
“Every year, the Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation Thanksgiving Luncheon serves as a reminder for how generous Rancho Bernardo residents are and the impact philanthropy has across our community,” shared RBCF President Debbie Kurth. “This year is particularly exciting as we celebrate three decades of local impact and grantmaking in the community. Thanks to the generosity of our members and the community, Rancho Bernardo is an even better place to live, work and play.”
RBCF has granted more than $700,000 to the nonprofit community through membership and fundraising programs, such as Pathway of Pride, Hats Off to Volunteers and the Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon, held this year at Rancho Bernardo Inn. Thanks to an endowment fund that supports the Rancho Bernardo community in perpetuity, RBCF and its members have generated an impact of $2.2 million.
RBCF was founded to make Rancho Bernardo an even better place to live and work. Through its annual grantmaking, the organization has addressed a wide range of community issues including health and human services; youth development and education; access to the outdoors; arts & culture and more.
List of 2019 Grantees:
- $10,000 to Alzheimer’s San Diego for the Supporting Rancho Bernardo Families Impacted by Dementia Program
- $8,000 to Black Mountain Dance Foundation to support the Adaptive Dance for Adults with Special Needs Program
- $8,000 to Interfaith Community Services to support the Improve Whole Person Care and Access Program and the Improve Self-Sufficiency & Supportive Services Program
- $8,000 to Rancho Bernardo High School to support Rancho Bernardo High School SWITCH Leadership Expedition
- $5,000 to Chaparral Elementary PTA to support the Chaparral Elementary IMPACT Reading Program
- $5,000 to Rancho Bernardo High School Friends of the Library to support the 21st Century Well-Being: Empowering our RBHS Students Program
- $5,000 to YMCA of San Diego County to support the Teens in Motion Program at Rancho Bernardo High School
- $4,000 to ElderHelp of San Diego to support the Care Coordination Program
- $4,000 to Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation to support the Arts in Education Initiative: Intro to Instruments and Children
- $4,000 to Poway Center for the Performing Arts Foundation to support the Arts in Education Initiative: Arts Education in Schools/Classes
- $4,000 to Voices for Children, Inc. to support Healthy and Happy Childhoods for Rancho Bernardo Foster Children
- $3,000 to Include Autism to support the Community Coaching Program
- $3,000 to Poway Symphony Orchestra Foundation to support the Poway Symphony Orchestra
- $3,000 to Rancho Bernardo High School PTSA to support the annual Grad Nite event
- $3,000 to Spirit of the Fourth, Inc. to support the Spirit of the Fourth theme of Honoring Korean War Veterans
- $2,000 to support the RB Veterans Memorial Association for the maintenance of the Veterans Memorial
- $1,000 to support RB Neighborhood Watch in expanding the Neighborhood Watch Sign Program
- $1,000 to Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library to help fund Rancho Bernardo Library Concerts
- $1,000 to Meals on Wheels Greater San Diego, Inc. to support the Senior Care in the Home Project for local seniors
- $1,000 to Rancho Bernardo Senior Services Center to support the Collaborative Informational Services and Assistance to Seniors programs
About the Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation & the Regional Affiliate Program
The Regional Affiliate Program, including the Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation, was established by The San Diego Foundation to create a regional network of affiliate foundations by leveraging local leadership, building endowments, increasing impactful philanthropy, and promoting civic engagement. Affiliates reside in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, La Jolla, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo, and 4S Ranch-Del Sur. The Regional Affiliate program has exceeded 1,000 members, established endowments of more than $4.6 million overall, and granted more than $5 million in total to nonprofit organizations throughout the region.
About The San Diego Foundation
The San Diego Foundation maximizes the impact of your charitable giving. We mobilize philanthropic resources to advance quality of life, increase social impact and champion civic engagement. For more than 40 years, The Foundation and our donors have granted more than $1.1 billion to grow a vibrant San Diego region. Learn more on our website, and consider a donation to the Fund for the Future Endowment which supports San Diego community needs now and forever.