November 17, 2023 – San Diego, CA – Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation (RBCF), an affiliate of San Diego Foundation, celebrated 35 years of grant-making by awarding over $100,000 to 25 nonprofit organizations that help make Rancho Bernardo a great place to live, work and play.
The grants were announced to over 250 attendees at the Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon at the Rancho Bernardo Inn. The nonprofit organizations that receive funding will support a variety of social impact areas, including education, youth development, science and technology, the arts and more.
“We are so very proud and excited to have been supporting our community for 35 years,” shared Debbie Kurth, RBCF Board President. “These 25 nonprofits demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant and civically engaged community with programs that make Rancho Bernardo a great place in which to live, work and play, as well as inspire community pride, revitalization and increase the quality of life of the broader community.”
RBCF has granted over $1.1 million to the nonprofit community through membership and fundraising programs, such as the Pathway of Pride and the annual Thanksgiving luncheon. Grantmaking is bolstered by an endowment fund that supports the Rancho Bernardo community in perpetuity.
This year’s 2023-24 grantees include:
- Bernardo Heights Middle School Performing Arts Boosters, Inc. – $3,789 for BHMS Orchestra New String Double Basses
- Ed Brown Center – $4,500 for Senior Social Connections
- Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library – $3,000 for the Friends of the Rancho Bernardo Library Concert Series
- Interfaith Community Services – $2,500 for Interfaith on Wheels
- Let’s Light the Cross – $3,500 for Ongoing Maintenance
- Poway OnStage – $8,000 for two Arts in Education programs
- Poway Symphonette Foundation – $1,000 for Poway Symphonette Programming
- Poway Symphony Orchestra Foundation – $3,000 for Symphonic Concerts
- Rancho Bernardo High School – Student Services Department – $5,500 for Healthy Connections Program
- Rancho Bernardo High School – Friends of the Library – $3,500 for 21st Century Library Technology Learning Center
- Rancho Bernardo High School – Music Boosters Inc. – $4,903 for the RBHS Orchestra Musical Equipment
- Rancho Bernardo Historical Society Inc. – $3,000 for Display Expansion and Enhancement
- Rancho Bernardo Senior Services – $5,000 for Senior Services
- Ride Above Disability Therapeutic Riding Center – $3,000 for New Horseback Riding Equipment
- San Diego Art Institute – $2,500 for The Valise Project
- San Diego Harmonics Chorale – $1,530 for San Diego Harmonics Ongoing Chorale Programming
- San Diego Oasis – $5,000 for Intergenerational Tutoring in Rancho Bernardo
- Spirit of the Fourth Inc. – $7,000 for July 4, 2024 Fireworks Celebration
- Support The Enlisted Project (STEP) – $5,000 for Emergency Financial Assistance and Financial Planning for Military and Veteran Families
- The Continuing Education Center at Rancho Bernardo – $3,000 for History Classes
- Toby Wells YMCA – $5,000 for Teens in Motion programming.
- Trauma Intervention Programs of San Diego, Inc. – $4,000 for Crisis Intervention Volunteers Program
- Tremble Clefs – $2,500 for Music Programming
- Turtleback Education Foundation – $3,000 for Physical Education Programming and $2,500 for Music Programs
- Voices for Children – $5,000 for Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program
RBCF was founded by local leaders as a way for residents to give back to the community and invest in programs that make Rancho Bernardo an even better place to live and work. Through its annual grantmaking, the organization has addressed a wide range of community issues including health and human services; youth development and education; access to the outdoors; arts and culture and more.
About Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation & the Regional Affiliate Program
The Regional Affiliate Program, including Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation, was established by San Diego Foundation to create a regional network of affiliate foundations by leveraging local leadership, building endowments, increasing impactful philanthropy, and promoting civic engagement. Affiliates reside in Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, Oceanside, Ramona, Rancho Bernardo and 4S Ranch-Del Sur. The Regional Affiliate program has exceeded 1,000 members, established endowments of more than $5 million overall, and granted more than $6 million in total to nonprofit organizations throughout the region.
About San Diego Foundation
San Diego Foundation inspires enduring philanthropy and enables community solutions to improve the quality of life in our region. Our strategic priorities include advancing racial and social justice, fostering equity of opportunity, building resilient communities, and delivering world-class philanthropy to realize our vision of just, equitable and resilient communities. For more than 48 years, SDF and its donors have granted $1.7 billion to support nonprofit organizations strengthening our community. Learn more at SDFoundation.org.
Lorena Nava Ruggero, San Diego Foundation, email@example.com, 619-814-1365