The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Network for Good will be hosting a free webinar, How to Create a Year-End Marketing Plan to Engage Donors, on November 26 at 10:00am. Attendees will learn how to integrate fundraising ideas for a year-end campaign and how to reach different members of a donor audience.
- Foundation Center is hosting a free webinar on December 4 at 11:00am to teach the basics of proposal writing. The webinar will provide attendees with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal and how to follow up with the grantor.
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- Chula Vista Charitable Foundation is accepting proposals for human services programs related to our aging community, arts and culture programs, or a creative blend of these two focus areas. Deadline: November 5, 2019
- Oceanside Charitable Foundation is seeking applications for programs that support community well-being, such as cultural image enhancement, food insecurity, stronger families and expanded diversity collaboration. Deadline: December 3, 2019
- Carlsbad Charitable Foundation is accepting Letters of Intent for innovative projects, partnerships and initiatives that will advance the quality of life for Carlsbad residents in a meaningful, measurable and sustainable way. Letter of Intent Deadline: December 5, 2019
- 4S Ranch~Del Sur Community Foundation is accepting proposals for programs that address the health, well-being, safety, and self-sufficiency of individuals and families in the 4S Ranch and Del Sur communities. Deadline: December 18, 2019
- Escondido Charitable Foundation is accepting Letters of Intent from nonprofit organizations and agencies that have projects to improve the quality of life in Escondido through environmental education and action. Letter of Intent Deadline: January 6, 2020
Other Funding Opportunities
- Cornell Douglas Foundation is accepting applications for programs in environmental health, sustainability and education for elementary and high school students. Deadline: Rolling
- Public Welfare Foundation is accepting letters of intent for programs that are advancing a new, transformative system of justice with the core values of racial equity, economic well-being and fundamental fairness for all. Deadline: Rolling
- Guitar Center is seeking grant proposals from nonprofits that support music education, and from music educators. Deadline: Rolling
- Farrell Family Foundation is accepting applications for programs that focus on the arts; health and human welfare; and education, with an emphasis on technology. Deadline: Rolling
- The Home Depot has open grant cycles for organizations that are building permanent housing for veterans, as well as programs that can utilize tools, materials or services for community projects. Deadline: Rolling
- The California Wellness Foundation is funding programs that address challenges in health care, healthy and safe neighborhoods, education and employment, and health policy. Deadline: Rolling
- American Humane’s Second Chance is offering grants to help offset the costs of rescuing animals who are homeless or the victims of human cruelty. Deadline: Rolling
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.