The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Get to Know the San Diego Women’s Foundation. Come and learn about membership, grantmaking and community partners on April 26, 5-7 p.m. at Leichtag Commons. RSVP to Kirsten Wisneski at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nonprofit Management Solutions is hosting a “Mastering the Art of Getting the Grant” workshop on May 25. Learn More >
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The Ramona Community Foundation invites nonprofit organizations to submit project proposals specifically for Ramona that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant community. Desirable projects will inspire community pride and revitalization and increase the quality of life of the broader community. Deadline June 1
Other Funding Opportunities
- The Health and Aging Policy Fellows Program is inviting applications for its 2017-18 fellowships. The year-long program is designed to provide healthcare professionals with the experience and skills needed to make a positive contribution to the development and implementation of health policies affecting older Americans. Deadline April 17
- National Arts Strategies is seeking applications for its 2017 Creative Community Fellowship program for innovators committed to using arts and culture to design solutions for community problems. Deadline April 23
- prAna is inviting applications for the Explorer Grant Program that will support local projects connecting young people with the outdoors. Nonprofit organizations will be awarded $5,000 for requests that work towards connecting young people to the outdoors through ongoing outdoor experiences. Deadline April 30
- The Fisher House Foundation is seeking proposals for its Newman’s Own Awards for creative ideas aimed at improving quality of life for service members and their families. Grants of up to $50,000 will be awarded in recognition of the most innovative plans to improve the quality of life of active duty, Reserve, and National Guard service members and their families facing the stress of long deployments and separation and/or the long-term effects associated with service. Deadline May 2
- The California Arts Council is seeking arts organizations to implement rehabilitative arts programs in California state prisons. Current and new service providers are encouraged to submit proposals. Deadline May 15
- Best Buy Foundation is accepting proposals from local and regional nonprofit organizations that provide teens with places and opportunities to develop twenty-first century technology skills. Awards will be up to $10,000. Deadline May 19
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.