The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region.
To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- GuideStar is hosting a free webinar on April 22 on how to get ready for its Platinum level. The San Diego Foundation, along with thousands of other foundation and individual donors, uses GuideStar to better understand nonprofit programs and impact.
- The San Diego chapter of the American Marketing Association is offering a video contest for an opportunity to win free professional video production. April 24 deadline.
- San Diego Nonprofit Leadership Forum presents a lunch and discussion on, “Re-building a Brand: Turning Bad News into Good Vibes,” on May 5. RSVP today >
- Nonprofit senior leaders: University of San Diego’s Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research is gathering data for its annual State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Report. The Center is asking senior nonprofit leaders to respond to a brief survey by May 2.
Funding Opportunities at The Foundation
- The Blasker Environment Program will award grants from $10,000 to $50,000 that support practically applicable research toward improving regional understanding of potential impacts of climate change, and ways to reduce local greenhouse gas emissions and minimize the risks of climate change. May 6 deadline. Apply Now >
- The Opening the Outdoors Program will support grants between $5,000 and $60,000 for partnerships that will develop and/or improve access to natural amenities across the county, especially in our most park-poor and underserved communities. May 13 deadline. Apply Now >
- The Ramona Community Foundation invites proposals from $1,500 to $7,000 that demonstrate the power to build a more vibrant and civically engaged Ramona. June 6 deadline. Apply Now >
- The La Jolla Community Foundation invites proposals from $5,000 to $20,000 for projects that focus on La Jolla beautification. May 17 deadline. Apply Now >
- The Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation invites proposals from $1,500 to $10,000 for projects that clearly address Rancho Bernardo specific issues and needs. Grantseekers forum on May 4 and May 23 deadline May 23 deadline. Apply Now >
- Presbyterian Mission Agency is seeking applications for up to $20,000 for projects that address the root causes of hunger in the United States. April 30 LOI deadline.
- Farm Aid is offering grants of up to $10,000 to organizations that help farmers thrive, change systems and grow a good food movement. May 1 LOI deadline.
- California Wildlands Grassroots Fund is offering grants of up to $5,000 to support the preservation of California’s wildlands. May 16 deadline.
- The National Park Service is accepting applications for up to $750,000 for the Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership to benefit disadvantaged urban communities. May 20 deadline.
- The American Legion Child Welfare Foundation offers grants to support the dissemination of information about new and innovative youth programs. July 15 deadline.
- Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations is accepting applications for up to $15,000 from non-Unitarian Universalist groups that have campaigns for a just society. September 15 deadline.
- Captain Planet Foundation offers grants of up to $2,500 for hands-on environmental education activities. September 30 deadline.
- The P. Buckley Moss Foundation is offering grants up to $1,000 for pre-K-12 educators who need financial assistance to maintain or implement an arts program in the 2017-18 year. September 30 deadline.
- The California Natural Resources Agency announced grants up to $500,000 for urban forestry, resource and mitigation projects. July 12 deadline.
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn More >
- Through a partnership with The Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.