Become a Member
When you become a member of the La Jolla Community Foundation, you begin to experience the power of pooled philanthropy put to work in your community. 75% of all membership dues go immediately into our annual grantmaking efforts, while the other 25% goes into a permanent endowment to sustain future efforts for the good of the La Jolla community.
Other member benefits include participating in grantmaking, board and/or committee leadership, attending events, and recognition in promotional materials. All members get one vote each year for the local nonprofit grant applications they deem most worthy and valuable to La Jolla.
Join or Renew Your Membership
We also welcome donations in amounts less than $1,000 so you can make a difference for La Jolla while learning more about the foundation for future potential membership. Donors at this level are non-voting members.
Support Special Projects
The La Jolla Community Foundation is working to establish a Maintenance Assessment District (MAD) in the Village. This important tool will help La Jolla generate funds that will be dedicated to improving the community with enhanced landscape and maintenance, over and above what is provided by the City of San Diego.
- The Maintenance Assessment District will be managed by a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation led by La Jolla property owners. Called Enhance La Jolla, this organization will receive funds generated through property owner assessments and use them for ongoing efforts to enhance the community, including landscape maintenance, street and sidewalk cleaning, litter and graffiti abatement, and additional trash collection.
- Enhance La Jolla will also be able to accept private donations for community improvement projects, and will have the authority to implement them. Examples of such projects include the Belvedere project, the purchase and installation of upgraded trash cans throughout the village, and additional tree planting and landscape installation.
- The Maintenance Assessment District will be a valuable tool to help keep money in La Jolla to realize important community projects and enhanced maintenance services.
Give to a Special Project